cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

High Ping

AdamH1
First Timer
Private Message
Message 7 of 7

When playing online games I'm experiencing ping that I believe is much higher than it reasonably should be (usually 90+ on EU servers which occasionally dips to 70) and with this there also comes consistent spikes up to 200 every 5-10 minutes.

Considering I've got people close to be who get better connection to NA servers than I do to EU servers I'm wondering what the problem is as it's starting to make the games unplayable due to the disadvantage.

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

OK, thanks for trying that. Are you experiencing any problems with your telephone service. any noise on the line?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

The ping has gone down to around 60 but I'm still getting spikes up to between 100-200

0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

Hi AdamH1,

Could you try Skynet_TX's suggestion, if you haven't already, and let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 4 of 7

Have you tried switching the router off for over 30 minutes, this will ensure you get a new session when you switch it back on, this can sometimes help with random latency issues.

AdamH1
First Timer
Private Message
Message 5 of 7

Wired connection. Playing in the last 30 minutes its been 80-100 switching rapidly and never settling at one ping value

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 6 of 7

Hi @AdamH1,

Are you testing this with a wired or wireless connection ?

For one of the TalkTalk staff on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile (only you and the TalkTalk staff on this community can see your profile details).

Then they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.