cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

TalkTalk is blocking my call centre service

Croftierj
Team Player
Private Message
Message 14 of 14

Hello,

I work in a call centre. I have been asked to work from home but the system “FMB” we use to accept incoming calls does not work with TalkTalk. My IT service has looked at this and it is all set up correctly so it must be my Wi-fi provider. I have to use OpenVPN for this so I’m unsure if TalkTalk is blocking FMB or OpenVPN. I will have to terminate my contract ASAP if this cannot be resolved as it is necessary for work

Rishain Ashcroft, new TalkTalk broadband user
0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13

Message 1 of 14

You're Welcome 🙂

Regards 

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Croftierj
Team Player
Private Message
Message 2 of 14

@Karl-TalkTalk  that is absolutely amazing, thank you so much! 

Message 3 of 14

Hi Croftierj

I've made a change, can you test again please.

Thanks  

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 4 of 14

ok, that is a brand new version of firmware. It has caused some VPN issues for a few users, but those have generally been people using the built in Windows 10/11 VPN. However the staff here will be able to advise tomorrow, and as @ferguson said, if they think that it might be an issue caused by this new firmware then they would be able to arrange a replacement router of a different type for you.

0 Likes

Croftierj
Team Player
Private Message
Message 5 of 14

@ferguson @Skynet_TX thanks, it’s version SG4K100130

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 6 of 14

If you just browse to http://192.168.1.1/ (you don't need to actually log in), it will be shown at the bottom of the login page, something like :

version SG4K10002816t

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 14

It should be on the home page of the router towards the bottom? Forgive me, I haven't used that model myself for a while. 

0 Likes

Croftierj
Team Player
Private Message
Message 8 of 14

I am logged in, where so I find software information? 🙂

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 14

If you login into the router using the information on the sticker it will show you the software version.

0 Likes

Croftierj
Team Player
Private Message
Message 10 of 14

@ferguson how do I find this information? I have looked on the back and it says TalkTalk Wi-fi Hub, FAST, SAGEMCOM

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 14

@Croftierj Which router are you using and which firmware version does it have? The support team should be able to arrange an update, or swap out, as appropriate. Give them a day or so to respond. 

Croftierj
Team Player
Private Message
Message 12 of 14

My boss has said I need to inform TalkTalk that I need an “anonymizer” unblocked. 
FMB is just a call handling system for call centres. It’s also called OASIS on-call. 

0 Likes

G_R_UK_T4LK2M3
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 13 of 14

VPN should not be an issue with TalkTalk, it might be a good idea to explain or better still link to the FBM services I googled that and I cant find anything about it.

However a one minute search on Google did point to OpenVPN being talked about on the community forum already so I suggest searching next.

TalkTalk does not block VPN usage as a guide exists here:

Using a VPN - TalkTalk Help & Support

I don't think either service would be blocked just some settings may need to be applied first. 

Best of luck and with patience you will get it working.

0 Likes