cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Homework Time - What exactly does it do?

timple
Team Player
Private Message
Message 6 of 6

Hi,

Is there any more detailed explanation beyond the basic provided as below.

• Homework Time – This is designed to block distracting content such as games websites during specified periods to prevent your kids messing around on the internet instead of doing homework. This feature can also be used to help keep kids screen-free for parts of the day

I have this switched on and it doesn't seem to block youtube on our smartTV. Is it just certain websites or does it block apps? Its a great idea in theory but i have 2 teenage children doing remote learning as they are isolating due to +ve covid tests. They have to use their phones to access classroom sites etc. so it would be good if the feature could also stop social media apps etc. Do I really need to switch to something like OpenDNS?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi timple,

How are you getting on, have you tried Michelle's suggestion?

Chris

0 Likes

timple
Team Player
Private Message
Message 2 of 6

Yes - those words are from there -I was just looking for some more in-depth technical explanation. 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Hi,

If there are specific website that you needed to block then it's possible to add the specific URLS to the block list. Try adding the YouTube domain as a blocked site in KidSafe. This would block YouTube for everyone and not one specific user.

Thanks

timple
Team Player
Private Message
Message 4 of 6

That only adds this 

Will all social media and gaming websites be blocked?

Although no system is 100% failsafe, Homework Time will help block most of these websites. We can't currently block websites that are accessed via a secure login or URL (usually beginning with https://). We are exploring what other security features we can add to HomeSafe® in the future. 

Which must be out of date since nearly ALL websites are now https:// !

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 6

Morning,

Is this the article which you have looked at? Are you currently using this at the moment?

How to use HomeSafe®

Thanks

0 Likes