Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does it take Openreach to replace a cab?

deltacharlie
Team Player
Message 34 of 34

My internet and phone line went down early hours Friday. Duly reported and awaiting some feedback. Took a drive down the lane where I live and noticed the Openreach FTTC box has been smashed to pieces by the side of the road. Maybe a result of an RTA but no skid marks, could be vandalism. All fenced off. So how long do you reckon it will take Openreach to replace the cab and restore service?

I have got a 4g router in place for the time being. Should I get an unlimited data sim as I don't expect it will be repaired for weeks. Any one had a similar experience? How long did

IMG_7737.JPG

it take? Sign seems appropriate. "END"

0 Likes
33 REPLIES 33

Message 1 of 34

Hi deltacharlie

I'm so glad to hear this, thanks for letting us know.

Debbie 🙂

0 Likes

Message 2 of 34

All working now as it should. It is so re-assuring having you guys here, you are doing a great job. Happy Bunny again.

Message 3 of 34

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

deltacharlie
Team Player
Message 4 of 34

Thanks Karl. Reassuring when I get a message from the Team.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 34

Hi

I've logged this over to Openreach as tests are showing a cable issue.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 6 of 34

Hi Debbie, Looks like Openreach are doing some more work on the cab. Broadband is OK but I have now lost the land line. It is completely dead. I tried to report it this morning on the chat service but had to give up after twenty minutes as I had to go to work. I am not sure the agent has logged this as a fault yet as she was asking me if my laptop had 3g 4g or 5g after explaining that the broadband service is fine just lost the landline. Can you help at all?

0 Likes

Message 7 of 34

@deltacharlie wrote:

That was just a snapshot of wifi enabled performance. Using a cable I can usually get 37/10 which is down to the laws of physics as I live hundreds of metres from the cab. I am happy with this. Before FTTC I used to get 2/.5 due to distance from the cab.

To be getting 10Mbps upload, you must live pretty close to the cabinet. I'm guessing you're on Fibre35 and as such are being limited to 40/10 sync speed (to give an actual download speed of about 37Mbps). Your previous speeds before FTTC were dictated by your distance from the exchange, not your distance from the cabinet. For example, I get about 35/5 (sync speed) on FTTC. Previously on ADSL I got about 17/1 (and I am rather annoyed that I gave it up).

0 Likes

Message 8 of 34

Hi deltacharlie

If you do experience any further issues then please let us know.

Thanks

Debbie 🙂

Message 9 of 34

That was just a snapshot of wifi enabled performance. Using a cable I can usually get 37/10 which is down to the laws of physics as I live hundreds of metres from the cab. I am happy with this. Before FTTC I used to get 2/.5 due to distance from the cab.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 34

Hi deltacharlie

I'm so glad to hear that this fault has been fixed.

Thanks

Debbie 🙂

0 Likes

Message 11 of 34

@deltacharlie , Your download speed looks very slow compared to your upload

0 Likes

Message 12 of 34

Hi

Glad to hear Openreach have repaired this ahead of schedule.

Regards,

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

deltacharlie
Team Player
Message 13 of 34

All service has now been restored. Thank you to the Team for all the help and re-assurance you have given. So the answer to my question is 12 days, which, under the circumstances, is brilliant. I did miss my Fibre speeds, 4G can't compete where I live.

Thanks again,

DC

Message 14 of 34

Hi, 

Check back with us around 25th and if no movement on this we will chase them.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

deltacharlie
Team Player
Message 15 of 34

Hi Debbie,

Thanks for the update. 

DC

Message 16 of 34

Hi deltacharlie

Openreach have now advised that the Target Fix Date is 22/10/2021 and for us to review back on 25/10/21 for further updates.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 17 of 34

Hi deltacharlie

Thanks for confirming this.

I'm still waiting on additional updates but I will continue to chase this.

Thanks

Debbie

deltacharlie
Team Player
Message 18 of 34

Hi Debbie,

I have just had a look and the cabinet has been replaced still coned off but no sign of engineers. Hopefully, shouldn't be too long now. 🤞

Regards,

DC

Message 19 of 34

Hi deltacharlie

Can I just check, have you seen any engineers doing work at the cabinet?

Thanks

Debbie

Message 20 of 34

Hi deltacharlie

I've checked on the fault this morning but there are no updates as yet.

I will check on this again this afternoon for additional updates from Openreach.

Thanks

Debbie