cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

How to set up a static IP (business account)

WelshDai
First Timer
Private Message
Message 3 of 3

Hi there.

I have a TalkTalk business account which comes with a free static IP.  We need to use one in our work because we use some websites that our accounts rely on a static IP to connect rather than a username and password (we have no option with them to have one).  When I spoke to TalkTalk tech support, they say it's not in their remit to set one up, and I need to speak to our IT department.  Well I am the IT department, and I don't quite know how to set it up myself on the router; I have a basic understanding of how it works, but just don't practically know how.  Are there any good basic guides out there, or someone that can point me in the right direction?  Thanks.

We have a Sagemcom Fast 5464 router, firmware verson SG4K100174

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 3

Hi WelshDai,

The static IP address just means that your external IP address doesn't change when the broadband connection reconnects, you always have the same external address. There isn't anything to setup as far as I'm aware. The Community is for our Residential customer so the support we can offer Business customer is very limited I'm afraid.

Chris

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 3

If your order with TalkTalk Business specified a single static IP address then the TalkTalk Network Edge router will assign that static IP address permanently to your TalkTalk Business Network connection.

The TalkTalk Business Wi-Fi Hub is plug in, switch on and connect.

If you need help then contact your TalkTalk Business Support Centre Manager.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes