cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

How to track a reported fault

IdontBelieveIt
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 16 of 16

How do I track a reported fault? 

I'm on my mobile bcos my land-line and broadband were cut off an hour ago.

It was a nightmare finding the page to report a fault but once done the page gave the instruction to "do not leave this page or the fault tracking will fail". It then logged me out due to inactivity...

Thankfully I made a screenshot with the fault ID but now I can only find the pages to report a fault even though the search gives "Report & track a fault".

Rgds
Stephen Ford
AkrutoSync MS Exchange emulator to sync Win10 Outlook (2010) to Android.
Router: ADSL (TP-Link Archer VR600)
PRT: HP 8210
0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15

Message 1 of 16

Sorry, I don't know. There are no further updates at the moment but I'll check again later

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 16

How many other households in my area have this outage?

Rgds
Stephen Ford
0 Likes

Message 3 of 16

Hi

Openreach will never talk directly to a customer and refer you to your provider.  the reference number is an internal number for the Openreach system Only and a TalkTalk employee can access this specific reference.  You would not be able to use the reference.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 16

What is the Openreach reference for this fault?

Rgds
Stephen Ford
0 Likes

Message 5 of 16

Hi,

This was assigned to an engineer earlier today and appears to have now been linked to a major service outage. I'll check for further updates later today

Chris

0 Likes

Message 6 of 16

What is the Openreach reference for this fault?

Rgds
Stephen Ford
0 Likes

Message 7 of 16

Hi Debbie

This is dragging on a bit now. It's the fourth day without a landline. And I'm in tenterhooks as to the next time I will lose screen input like this message when broadband fails. I'm always copying the text just in case the page closes.

How to I check fault status please? I was told below to use the Dashboard, but apart from struggling to find the Dashboard (there is no title on the page), and then when I realised it was the first page on login, I found there is no mention of fault tracking.

I tried the help system and no mention there either.

Rgds
Stephen Ford
0 Likes

Message 8 of 16

Hi IdontBelieveIt

This fault is still with the Openreach line engineers. I will continue to monitor for updates and I will post back on this thread as soon as I receive further information.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 9 of 16

Not possible on a Bank Holiday, @IdontBelieveIt.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 10 of 16

I have been struggling to find things on the TT website.

I was trying to find the "Dashboard" and by luck, found a drop-down with a link to the Dashboard. Then I realised that the first page after login is indeed the Dashboard.

How would a new user know that the Dashboard page is just that if he didn't notice the link in the drop-down?

I have been using the site since good old Openreach brought down my landline and made my broadband almost unusable on the 24th August and only discovered what the Dashboard is today - hidden in plain sight you might say...

You say that updates "may appear"; there is nothing on my Dashboard about fault tracking - is there nowhere else I can track the fault ?

Would you ask Openreach for an update please. My landline has been out for three days and since then broadband barely works.

Rgds
Stephen Ford
0 Likes

Message 11 of 16

Hi

If any updates are sent to our systems from Openreach they may appear within your dashboard under the option to track a fault, but more often we may need to request an update from Openreach as we have access to their system.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

IdontBelieveIt
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 16

Ok, Thanks.

So how do I track a reported fault?

If I search for "track fault" it finds "Report & track a fault". That link takes me to a page where there is no occurrence of the work "track" on the page. There is only "report".

Rgds
Stephen Ford
0 Likes

Message 13 of 16

Hi

A Fault has been logged to Openreach however there are no updates as yet.  This will be delayed because of the Bank Holiday and we can re-check tomorrow.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

IdontBelieveIt
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 16

Hi Debbie

I have updated my Profile as requested. Anything missing, please let me know.

Rgds
Stephen Ford
0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 15 of 16

Hi IdontBelieveIt

Please can you add your name and TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile, I can then take a look at this for you.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes