cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

I cannot access my work computer through VPN

tatalkUser2022
Team Player
Message 7 of 7

Hello,

My VPN connection to work has stopped working and I am getting an error message which says “The VPN connection between your computer and the VPN server could not be completed, ... If the problem persists, contact your network administrator or Internet Service Provider.”

The VPN software that I am using is the built in Windows 10 and it has stopped working since Wednesday 19 January. I have noticed that a number of users seem to be having a similar problem from the mid-January.

The router which I have is TalkTalk Wi-Fi Hub with firmware version SG4K100130 with no problem for more than a year. The problem is the router which I think an update/firmware was done on Tuesday 18th January. I am able to connect to work computer using my mobile hotspot.

I have had chat with talktalk a few times but got nowhere. They couldn't assess where the problem is. I am still not able to connect to the office computer using this router. Please could you help me to find a solution.

Many thanks

Ahmad

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Chester08
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 1 of 7

Hi, I seem to be having the same problem.  Have used the same connection since March 2020 without any problems & now cant connect,  Spoke to a colleague at work who had similar issues & a Debbie from Talk Talk Support Team sent him out a new TalkTalk router huawei Black.  My colleagues user name is talktalk2022 & his PC displayed the same message. "The VPN connection between your computer and the VPN server could not be completed.  The most common cause for this failure is that at least one internet device (for example, a firewall or router) between your computer & the VPN server is not configured to allow generic routing.  Encapsulation (GRE) protocol packets.  If the problem persists contact your network administrator or internet service provider.  

Sharon
0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

Hi tatalkUser2022

I will post on your other topic on the Community.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

tatalkUser2022
Team Player
Message 3 of 7

Is there any support team to help me please

0 Likes

tatalkUser2022
Team Player
Message 4 of 7

Hi Karl

Are you still there?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 5 of 7

Hi Karl

Thanks

Just added our home phone number, as requested. 

I Think I added the same post twice and I cannot delete one. Could you delete one of them for me please?

Thanks

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 6 of 7

Hi

Can you please add your home phone number to your 'Community Profile' so I can pick this up for you.

Thanks  

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes