cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

I cannot connect to my work vpn

HelenRapacioli
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 12

I have been on with a talktalk agent for the past hour trying to solve this with no success can anyone help please - i just keep on being told talktalk do not block vpn.  However I can access it fine using hotspot or other network providers?  If it is in my admin settings just tell me what i need to do - thank you

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

HI @HelenRapacioli 

Apologies, I can only see 2 different mobile numbers. Could you delete 1 mobile number and add the landline?

0 Likes

Message 2 of 12

Hi Debbie my landline number is there in profile?

0 Likes

Message 3 of 12

Hi @HelenRapacioli 

Please can you also add your TalkTalk account or landline number to your Community Profile so I can locate your account details.

Thanks

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 12

Hi @HelenRapacioli 

I hope that @Debbie-TalkTalk sorts it for you, all of their team are very good on here.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Message 5 of 12

You are an absolute star Keith, Debbie profile information includes these details

thank you

Message 6 of 12

Hi @HelenRapacioli 

Please can you add your TalkTalk landline or account number to your Community Profile, I can then take a look at this for you.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 12

OK, thanks for that. I assume that you are using the Cisco VPN?

I have asked one of TalkTalk's support to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

They aim to respond within 48 hours (Monday - Friday) excluding Bank Holidays, but if more urgent you can always try the Service Centre on 0345 172 0088. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture and then clicking on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 12

Hi - yes that’s exactly it SG4K100174

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 12

If you look at the back of it, there is probably a plastic pull-up panel. Pull that out & there is a label behind that, which will tell you. To get the firmware version all that you normally need to do is to go the login page(http://192.168.1.1) of the router's UI (there is no need to log into it). Then look at the bottom left of the page where it might say something like version SG4K100174.

Keith

0 Likes

Message 10 of 12

Hi Keith - I have no idea what router it is - just the one talk talk send out - how can I tell?   Just trying to connect my laptop to work server

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 12

TalkTalk as you have been told, does not block VPN clients, but there are currently issues with the Cisco AnyConnect client. What make/model of TalkTalk router do you have & which firmware version is it running (probably 174 or 202)?

What sort of device are you running the VPN client on?

Keith

0 Likes