cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Intermittent connection to server

capers62
Team Player
Private Message
Message 7 of 7

Hi there,

I am experiencing an intermittent network connection to the server which does, however, seem to correct itself after a few minutes.

A typical sequence would be that a connection is briefly established when searching for a particular website but this is quickly replaced by a Server Not Found error, accompanied by the message "We're having trouble finding that site".

This continues for a few minutes before the connection seems to stabilise and internet browsing becomes possible again.

I have tried powering down the router, waiting thirty minutes and then switching it back on but this has no effect.

I have also checked that all cables are secure and undamaged.

Using a desktop computer with a cabled broadband connection and Windows 10 operating system. 

Any advice appreciated.

Many thanks,

Andy

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi Andy

Thanks for your reply.

The router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive. Let us know how the connection compares with this router connected.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

Hi Debbie,

Sorry for the delay, it's a corded handset, please send a replacement router for me to try, as you suggested in an earlier message.

For info, my current router is the Talk Talk TT9BAC2B model.

Thanks,

Andy

Message 3 of 7
0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

Hi Andy

Thanks for confirming this.

Is your handset corded or cordless?

I think we should also send out a replacement router to rule this out (for the BB fault) Would you like me to arrange this?

0 Likes

Message 5 of 7

Hi Debbie,

Thanks for your message.

I do indeed use my landline to successfully make calls although I have noticed that there appears to be a crossed line in the background.

Kind regards,

Andy

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 6 of 7

Hi Andy

I'm sorry to hear this.

The line test has detected a potential fault with the landline service. Do you use the line to make calls?

0 Likes