cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Intermittent upload speeds/connection to server

skkrbt
Team Player
Private Message
Message 5 of 5

Today, suddenly, I cannot get several phone apps to connect, but this also extends to PC. I have run several speed tests - sometimes they are fine, other times either the connection to server fails, or the upload speed doesn't record. I have tried reporting via phone - hopeless! An automatic test was conducted and said no problems found - but this is due to speed tests sometimes working, other times not. Cannot get to speak or chat to anyone.
I have tried rebooting the router, but this doesn't change anything. 
Example of symptoms (apart from speed testing) is that several websites are timing out, and Sonos will not connect to radio stations (I suspect due to them timing out).
Pulling my hair out.........

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

skkrbt
Team Player
Private Message
Message 1 of 5

Thanks.....I hope so too 🙂

0 Likes

Message 2 of 5

OK thanks. Switching the router off for 30 minutes forces the start of a new session. It was worth a try but as this hasn't resolved the issue it looks likely that you're currently being affected by an incident in your area. Could you please check our service status page for updates - Service Status | Check for outages | TalkTalk Help & Support - apologies for any inconvenience but hopefully the issue will be resolved soon

Chris

0 Likes

skkrbt
Team Player
Private Message
Message 3 of 5

I am not sure how this would have helped......and it hasn't. Situation unchanged 😞

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 4 of 5

Hi skkrbt,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing problems with your service. It looks as though you may be affected by an outage in your area. Could you switch your router off and leave it off for at least 30 minutes then switch back on and retest. Please let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes