cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Internet down

Dalecooper1
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 50 of 50

My internet first went down last week on Thursday. It came back up on the Friday morning. I hoped it was a temporary outage. That Thursday evening I spent two hours fruitlessly talking to an agent. My internet went down again this Monday morning and I spent an hour talking to an agent who said I’d be called. I contacted the team again on the chat at 4pm and was talking for two hours running through tests. I really am tired of speaking to these agents as I’m not getting anywhere. I need to get an engineer to come look at the fault or speak to someone. Does anyone have any guidance on the next step to getting this issue resolved? 

0 Likes
49 REPLIES 49

Message 41 of 50

Hi Sarah

I've ordered you a replacement router, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Please let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 42 of 50

Dear Michelle, 

I don't have an alternative router no. Can one please be sent as soon as possible? 

cheers

Sarah 

0 Likes

Message 43 of 50

Hello,

As the line test is not detecting any potential faults then we also just need to confirm that you have tested with an alternative router before we can arrange the engineer visit. Do you have an alternative router? If not then we can send a replacement router for testing purposes.

Thanks

Michelle

Message 44 of 50

My phone line isn't actually in use? 

0 Likes

Message 45 of 50

OK thanks. Is your telephone service working OK, is there a dial tone?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 46 of 50

Yes it is. I've had tests run a lot. Ran 2 hours of tests yesterday. Is it possible to please send an engineer to take a look? 

0 Likes

Message 47 of 50

OK thanks. Is your router currently connected to your test socket? - Your guide to main phone sockets - TalkTalk Help & Support

Chris

0 Likes

Message 48 of 50

My information should be updated now! 

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 49 of 50

Hi Dale,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes