cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Internet dropping out and support refusing to contact Openreach to fix it.

cyberdanney12
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 17 of 17

Had this issue for months. Called a few times and tried the online support but they don't know what they're doing. They've had me replace the hub, ask questions that aren't relevant to the issue and ignored valid questions.
Support have also lied to me a few times about the issue I'm having.
Here's what my Hub's log has to say about it which none of the support team were interested to look at.

10.06.2022 18:57:19InfoSYS
TR-069 connectivity to (acs.talktalk.co.uk) has been closed
10.06.2022 18:57:18InfoSYS
Modem login was successful
10.06.2022 18:57:16InfoDHCPC
The WAN DHCP client IP address [REDACTED]
10.06.2022 18:57:10InfoDHCPC
WAN DHCP client (1) started
10.06.2022 18:57:07InfoXDSL
VDSL connectivity is up port 1
10.06.2022 18:56:38WarningDHCPC
WAN DHCP client (1) stopped
10.06.2022 18:56:38InfoXDSL
VDSL connectivity is down port 1

How do I go about getting Talktalk to contact Openreach to fix this issue?

Daniel Brown
0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16

Message 1 of 17

Hi

We are unable to waive any fee, this is at the discretion of the Customer Loyalty Teams when you speak with them.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 17

Last time I called I was told there was a £140 fee for early cancelation. This hardly seems fair considering the issues we experience. Phone  and Text support are also very difficult to get a straight answer from. Can anything be done about the fee?

Daniel Brown
0 Likes

Message 3 of 17

Hi cyberdanney12

All the usual tests are clear. no issues showing.  We can go to a repeat engineer or if you decide to cancel. you can call our customer Loyalty Teams. Please let me know how you wish to proceed.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 17

@cyberdanney12, when staff offer help on here, it needs to be followed up with prompt responses as otherwise they can't advise you.

You keep leaving this for several weeks at a time! I'll re-escalate this thread for you again. Please keep in touch as staff need the feedback and could have followed up weeks ago if you'd let them know. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 5 of 17

Unfortunately not. We are still having this issue. At this point my family are urging me to see if we can cancel our contract early without an early termination fee..

Daniel Brown
0 Likes

Message 6 of 17

Hi cyberdanney12,

Fault is now showing fixed and closed, have you noticed any improvement?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 7 of 17

Hi cyberdanney12

The fault is showing assigned to a line engineer this morning.

We should hopefully receive further updates later this afternoon.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 8 of 17

Hi cyberdanney12

Thanks for your reply.

The line test is now detecting a potential line fault so I have passed this straight over to Openreach to be investigated by a line engineer.

We should receive further updates from Openreach within the next 48-72hrs.

I will continue to monitor for updates.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 9 of 17

We only have the 1 socket in the house which is the master socket. Mine looks most similar to the NTE 5C socket. It is not currently connected to the test socket but I could try to do this if needed. 

Daniel Brown
0 Likes

Message 10 of 17

OK thanks, how many telephone sockets do you have? Is your router currently connected to your test socket? Your guide to main phone sockets - TalkTalk Help & Support

Chris

0 Likes

Message 11 of 17

I couldn't tell you as we do not use a phone. We only use our line for broadband. 

Daniel Brown
0 Likes

Message 12 of 17

Hi cyberdanney12,

Thanks for updating your profile. Are you experiencing any problems with your telephone service, any noise on the line?

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 17

Staff will be back on Monday, @cyberdanney12. I'll re-escalate this thread for their attention as it has been several weeks and will have dropped out of the workflow. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

cyberdanney12
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 14 of 17

Info should be updated. Tell me if it's still not corrent.
I have tried replacing the HUB with my own hardware to see if it would resolve the issue and it has not. I have called multiple times and even had an engineer test the line. I'm told there's nothing wrong with my line even though I keep experiencing these dropouts regardless of device, connection type, or service being used.
On the new hardware the logs don't tell me anything new. Just something about DSL Link Down and not being able to assign an IP.
Support on the phone and live chat have been incredibly unhelpful.

Daniel Brown
0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 15 of 17

Hello,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 16 of 17

Sorry to see that you are having problems. If you would like the support team here to look into this for you make sure that your personal details including TalkTalk landline number and/or account number are complete on your community profile (click here) so that they can link your forum identity with your account and then wait for them to respond. Bear in mind that they won't be back online until Monday. 

0 Likes