Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet keeps dropping out - engineer booked

Flumby
Team Player
Message 39 of 39

Hello,

sorry about this post but I am worried about the engineer visit we have booked by talktalk.

our internet keeps dropping out on both wired and wireless devices.  We have tested this using the test socket too and still have the drop outs.

the speed of the connection when it is up is what it normally is, however randomly it will drop out.  This can be from hour to hour but even ten minutes after each other.

I don’t need to always restart the router but it will sometimes connect back up after a few minutes.

I have tested the connection on all devices I own, even not having specific devices connected and the internet still drops.

also when the internet has dropped the landline still works fine.

I did say to the talktalk support agent that surely all this testing shows it could be the router?

Since it is a router provided by talk talk, will I still be charged if the engineer can validate the issue is with the router?

as no line faults are reported and that is the only device that is left unchecked, again this is in the test socket requested by talktalk.

any advice is appreciated, I just don’t want to be charged if it’s the talktalk equipment that’s faulty.

kind regards

Chris/Flumby

0 Likes
38 REPLIES 38

Message 1 of 39

Morning,

Thanks for the update 🙂

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 39

Oh I’m pleased you have now had your connection resolved too.

yeah must of been something talktalk have fixed on their side, as something which was a problem multiple times an hour has now simply vanished once the router internet light had gone red that morning.

this is despite the customer service agents telling me on the phone there is nothing wrong with the connection.

main thing is is both our issues are now resolved 🙂

0 Likes

Message 3 of 39

@Flumby wrote:

as this morning the router internet went red and since then we havn’t had a disconnect yet.  I’m wondering if talktalk has done something their side?

I have now experienced much the same scenario Flumby ~ 24 hours without a drop-out - as far as I am aware - plus the  highest up/down-load speeds - and a couple of outrageously low ones - the provision has registered in years, but then, who knows .............................. !

~R.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 39

Hi Chris,

I've replied to your PM

Chris

0 Likes

Message 5 of 39

Thank you, so you know how long before the visit we can cancel?

as this morning the router internet went red and since then we havn’t had a disconnect yet.  I’m wondering if talktalk has done something their side?

I will monitor the issue today very closely and double check if we get a disconnect.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 39

No problem, please let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

Flumby
Team Player
Message 7 of 39

Thank you so much, I greatly appreciate this.  Has put my mind at ease knowing that it will be a talk talk engineer.

Thank you 🙂

0 Likes

Message 8 of 39

Hi Chris,

Thanks for answering the security questions. I can confirm that it's one of our engineers that will be visiting you on Monday, the engineer will have a replacement router if required

Chris

0 Likes

Message 9 of 39

Thank you, I have replied with completing the security link.

kind regards

0 Likes

Message 10 of 39

Hi Chris,

I've sent you a PM to confirm some details so that we can look into this further

Chris

0 Likes

Message 11 of 39

I’ve added some details to the private area of my account, if you are able to check what type of engineer is booked from it?

kind regards

chris

0 Likes

Flumby
Team Player
Message 12 of 39

Hello Chris,

I am hoping it is a talktalk engineer, they are coming on Monday.  the text message says one of our engineers, and the talktalk agent said there will be a 50 pound charge if a fault is not found, however I am not imagining the internet dropping and it happens on all devices when it happens.

Kind regards

Chris

0 Likes

Message 13 of 39

Hi Flumby,

Is the engineer an Openreach engineer or one of our engineers?

Chris

0 Likes

Flumby
Team Player
Message 14 of 39

Hello,

so yeah broadband still is dropping, unfortunatley I don’t have a spare router to test.  I just hope this issue cN be resolved on Monday when they engineer comes.

0 Likes

Message 15 of 39

Hi TheHornedOne,

If you do need assistance just start a thread and we'll be happy to help 🙂

Chris

0 Likes

Message 16 of 39

I am experiencing the same problem @Flumby, everything works just fine ....................... when it works, so I will be most interested to know what the engineer turns up!

~R.

0 Likes

Message 17 of 39

Morning,

Please let us know how you get on and if you need any assistance.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 18 of 39

Must be, I just hope it happens when the engineer is here so they believe me.

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 19 of 39

Sounds most likely to be a dodgy router, but could potentially be a strange fault out on the external network.

0 Likes

Message 20 of 39

So when the internet drops it is dropping even at the router, not just on all my other devices.

0 Likes