cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Login into my Talk Talk Wifi Hub

Mark5021
First Timer
Private Message
Message 8 of 8

Hi

Im trying to login to my hub via my IP address.

I changed my password when I 1st got my router. I'm now trying to use my new password to login it says wrong login information. Is there a way to reset my password and router username?

Mark
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

No, you cannot get a new password sent to you, you'll either have to buy a new router or hope staff take pity on you and replace it.

You need to log in to do what your want, directions here for future reference

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Split-your-router-s-SSID-wireless-network-name/ta-p/230...

0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

Glad to hear it worked. Yes you need to login to the router and change the SSID and password in the wifi settings

Chris

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

Thanks martswain unfortunately I have scribbled out the router password for security.😫 Is there a way to request a new one?

Mark
0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

Hi Chris that has worked. Thanks.👍

Now I want to change my Wifi Network name and password. Do I need to login to my router for this?

Mark
0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 8

Hi Mark,

How are you getting on. Has the advice given by Skynet_TX and martswain helped?

Chris

martswain
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 8

You cannot log in remotely using your WAN IP address.

You can only log in with a local wired or wireless connection to the router at 192.168.1.1

After a reset the username is admin and the password is printed on the back of the router, sometimes hidden by the pull out card that has the (different) WiFi details on it.

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 7 of 8

Hi @Mark5021,

Yes, there will be a small pinhole 'reset' switch on the back of the router, if you hold that in for over 10 seconds it will factory reset the router. Note that this will return ALL settings back to factory defaults, so you will lose any changes you have ever made to the router settings.