cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Moving home

pgaudit
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 5 of 5

Two questions:

Working may way through the online moving home request I notice talktalk want to add  talktalk TV to my package and I can't remove it.  Any suggestions?

The small print contract attached to my request to transfer to my new house says the contract is for 18months. Surely if I'm moving house I don't have to start a new contract?

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi pgaudit

Unless the new area has Virgin Media, that speed will be the same for all providers the use the Openreach network. 

If you do cancel your current cancellation fee is £69.

Regards

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 5

If you are still in contract there will be early termination fees due, @pgaudit.

Out of contract, Talktalk requires 30 days' notice. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

pgaudit
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 3 of 5

Thank you for the response will check that, though I notice at my location I'm only being guaranteed 9.4mb which seems fairly unworkable to me. So I think I will move and look for a better provider. 

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 5

Check under Pricing in the search engine and you'll find that there's normally a home move charge of £60.00, @pgaudit.

This gets waived if you take out the new contract. 

See if you can remove the TV aspect by phoning 03451 720088 (9am - 7pm), but they may well say to ring up again once you have gone live at the new address, to remove it at that stage.

This automatic TV charge is always an issue with online orders through My Account etc.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes