cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Moving home

Stressa
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 7 of 7

I have moved home recently and my service should have stopped in the last property on the 14th April and Openreach came

on the 17th to install new line and sockets for both

broadband and telephone. No connection available because the old connection hadn’t be disconnected. I have spent all week trying to get an answer from the so called agents as to what will be done to instate my service to the new property. 

As of yet I must have spent over two hours going round in circles and getting nowhere. How can I contact someone who can pass the information on to Openreach to ask them to switch off the old property and plug in the new

property??

i am totally frustrated by this whole process. 

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi Stressa

Perfect, thank you.

I'm also just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

Hi Debbie,

I have added information to the Private Notes section. The order was for Fibre 65 which apparently is FTTC and no FTTP order Number.

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 7

Hi Stressa

I'm sorry to hear this.

Is this an FTTP connection? Please can you add the FTTP order number to your Community Profile (under Private Notes section)

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 7

It sounds like you were getting Full Fibre installed. 

Staff will pick this up tomorrow. Thanks for completing profile details, because it will have saved a little time.

Wait for them to respond now before posting further, @Stressa, to keep this moving forward in the queue for attention. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Stressa
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 5 of 7

Openreach did come to the new property on 17th April. They installed new line and socket. They then left without plugging the router in and testing to endurance the network was available. 

When we plugged in the router and waited until the light turned white which it did, there was no broadband or telephone connection. 

After contacting TalkTalk and spending literally hours going from agent to agent, I was informed that the old property had not been disconnected. I was then told that the disconnection was now going to be the 27th April and we should then be connected on the 28th. 

I am in no way confident that this will happen and we will again be in a position of having no broadband or landline. 

I really need to know who to contact who can convince me when this will be resolved. 

I have already lost a week of home working and this will probably be extended for a further week minimum. 

If this continues I will have no alternative but to change supplier as I cannot be without broadband for another week. 

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 7

@Stressa, did you involve the Home Move team?

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Home-move/ta-p/2205259

So Openreach have come to the NEW property?

But couldn't install the new line and sockets?

And the OLD property still seems to have your old Talktalk service active?

Staff will be back after the weekend. They'll then pick up your thread during the day. Make sure that you have completed your community forum profile details for them to identify your account. 

Go via your avatar/name; settings; Personal Information. SAVE CHANGES. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes