cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

My Connection doesn't record speeds....

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 21 of 21

My Connection is increasingly poor at recording speeds for the week.

This is my most recent check:

Screenshot_20240213-211632_Chrome.jpg

It means it's impossible to know if it nosedives on those days when nothing is recorded!

I happened to switch routers during the weekend as I replaced my phone handset at long last. Change of router was only for 10th - 12th and have now switched back again (Sagemcom password couldn't be authenticated when I'd first restarted it, hence the first switch. Back on now and working fine).

So the "no readings" show My Connection not functioning correctly with both routers.

[Incidentally, my phone connection still reads as having a fault, and has done so for over a year..... we switched the routers and checked filters last year,  to no effect, so the final thing for me to check was whether a different handset and extension for plugging in the phone made any difference. They don't. ]

My Connection gives a clean bill of health for my Broadband connection  - but why no data?

Just reporting this again, having mentioned the My Connection speed data problem before, and nothing appears to have been done to sort it.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes
20 REPLIES 20

Message 1 of 21

I'm really glad to hear this 🙂

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 2 of 21

It shows a clean line with no gaps for the past week. 😀

0 Likes

Message 3 of 21

Morning @Gliwmaeden2 

The fix has now been applied, however I've been advised that it could take 24hrs to filter through. Please let us know how you get on 🙂

Michelle

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 4 of 21

Hi again,

The team have identified the issue and are working to resolve it, however it looks like it might be Friday before we have another update.

Michelle 🙂

Message 5 of 21

Morning @Gliwmaeden2 

Thanks. I've passed the screenshot/image back over to the team now.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 6 of 21

Yes, @Michelle-TalkTalk, Friday shows no record:

20240319_083924.jpg

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 7 of 21

Morning @Gliwmaeden2 

The team have asked me to check to see if you've seen anymore since we passed this over please?

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 8 of 21

I've passed this over to the My Connection Team now and have asked them to look into why this has happened or if there are any known issues and I'll keep you updated.

Michelle 🙂

0 Likes

Message 9 of 21

Yes, @Michelle-TalkTalk.

They should be told that the product is not working properly. 

There are too many glitches with their service, which actually add fog to situations, rather than clarification for customers!

0 Likes

Message 10 of 21

Morning @Gliwmaeden2 

I'm really sorry. I'm not sure why this keeps happening? Would you like me to raise this over to the My Connection Team for you?

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 11 of 21

My speeds are still basically fine, @Michelle-TalkTalk, but another random check shows an exclamation mark for last Thursday. 

Why does this keep happening?

The software for My Connection really doesn't inspire me with confidence!

1000000231.jpg

0 Likes

Message 12 of 21
0 Likes

Message 13 of 21

Thanks! Just found it now.

Seems to be fine.

😊

Screenshot_20240216-131730_Chrome.jpg

0 Likes

Message 14 of 21

Afternoon,

If you click on the Community drop down tab, then it now 7th on the list. Apologies this was changed this week.

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 15 of 21

I can't see at the moment, @Debbie-TalkTalk, as Service Status Dashboard has completely vanished: used to be under "help with your service" in the community menu

Working and packing to go on holiday, so not able to check via My Account.....

The router won't be on while I am away.

0 Likes

Message 16 of 21

Morning @Gliwmaeden2 

Has there been any change over the last 48hrs?

Michelle 🙂

0 Likes

Message 17 of 21

Hi @Gliwmaeden2 

The team advised that they are aware of some issues and a fix has been put in place to resolve this.

They said once the data updates this should be resolved, so over the next few days this should start to improve.

Thanks

Message 18 of 21

Thanks @Gliwmaeden2 

I have passed this over to the My Connection team to take a look.

I will let you know as soon as they come back to me.

Thanks again.

Message 19 of 21

I hadn't run the tests in months (and last time reported similar gaps in the readings but not so severe).

This last lot look to be more off than on, so My Connection's own performance has deteriorated. 

The reason I was poking around was that I had switched landline phone handsets and after installing the new one, checked whether the fault had cleared (no it hasn't).

So I just ran the other tests for speed and Broadband connection while I was at it.

As I said above, the Broadband has a clean bill of health. Your My Connection data recording does NOT, and other customers as well as myself do mention this from time to time. 

Not useful having the My Connection facility at all if it can't be relied upon.

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 20 of 21

Hi Gliwmaeden2

Can I just check, are you experiencing performance issues with the connection (and that's why you run the tests)

Or do you run the tests just to check the speed?

0 Likes