cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

My internet never works - HELP

Kcs77
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 22 of 22

I'm at my wits end. My Internet connection has been spotty the entire time I've been with talktalk but lately it has become virtually useless. It is impossible to work from home because my Internet goes down every half hour for about 10 minutes. Recently it has started going down for several hours at a time. The one time I managed to speak to customer services about this on live chat after it had been down for 6 hours while I was trying to work, they told me everything looked fine from their end and that they didn't know what the problem was. They eventually said they would remotely update my router and that I would be compensated for the time without Internet. I never got any compensation and the problem still continues. My Internet has been on and off all day today and as of right now, I have had no Internet access for the last 4 hours.

I am begging someone to help me. I can never reach anyone at talktalk to help, let alone get to anyone to discuss cancelling my contract. I feel I have little choice but to cancel my direct debit at this point. I don't know what else to do. Please help me

0 Likes
21 REPLIES 21

Message 1 of 22

Morning,

How are you getting on? Has the router arrived?

Thanks 🙂

0 Likes

Message 2 of 22

Hi Kira

The router is on its way and you should receive this within the next 24-48hrs.

I have also sent you a Private Message with a short survey for our Community Team.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 3 of 22

Hi Michelle,

Yes Openreach came and found some issues with the wiring with have been fixed. However, the engineer also found that our router was faulty and I understand a new router is being sent to us by Talktalk - is this correct?

Thanks

Kira 

0 Likes

Message 4 of 22

Morning,

We've received an update to advise that Openreach have cleared a fault. How is your connection at the moment, is everything now working ok?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 5 of 22

Hi Kcs77

Thanks for confirming your details.

I have arranged the engineer visit for tomorrow 09/06 AM (8am - 1pm)

Please let us know how you get on following this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 6 of 22

Hi Kcs77

Ok I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can arrange this visit.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 7 of 22

The wiring inside the first socket I showed you appears to be falling apart so I don't think a different router will fix this. I think we just need an engineer to check it out and probably rewire

0 Likes

Message 8 of 22

Hi Kcs77

Thanks for your reply.

Would you like me to send a replacement router for testing? The next step following this would be an Openreach engineer visit.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 9 of 22

Yes I have already tried this. The socket does not work at all - the wire appears to have been cut by a previous tenant

0 Likes

Message 10 of 22

Hi Kcs77

Ahh great thank you. This socket should have 2 clips either side of the face plate.

Please can you squeeze the 2 clips gently and the lower section should come away to expose the test socket.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 22

20220608_074203.jpg

0 Likes

Message 12 of 22

Hi Kcs77

Would it be ok to post a photo of the other socket too please?

0 Likes

Message 13 of 22

I'm not sure. We have one other socket but it hasn't ever worked since we've lived here the past 2 years. This is where we have always had the router plugged in and it has worked until recently

0 Likes

Message 14 of 22

Hi Kcs77

Thank you. Is that your master socket or an extension socket?

Is this where you usually have your router connected?

0 Likes

Message 15 of 22

20220608_072214.jpg

0 Likes

Message 16 of 22

Hi Kcs77

Would it be possible to post a photo of the socket on this thread just so I can take a quick look?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 17 of 22
Hi Debbie,
We don't have a landline phone but my husband has had a look at the socket and the wiring appears to be very old and deteriorating. I think we need an engineer to look at this. Is this possible?
0 Likes

Message 18 of 22

Hi Kcs77

I've completed a line test which has detected a potential fault with the landline service.

Are you experiencing any faults with your landline service when making calls?

0 Likes

Kcs77
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 19 of 22

It has now been 12 hours and I still don't have Internet. 

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 20 of 22

Hi Kcs77

I'm so sorry to hear this.

I've completed a line test which has detected a potential fault with the landline service.

Are you experiencing any faults with your landline service when making calls?

0 Likes