cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

my internet connection in some sort of lock down mode

Just_Client
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 10 of 10

I was trying to get help from service and after waiting for a half an hour just decided to post problem here, with hope it will be picked up by service people.

-

I suddenly got a huge problems with my internet at home.

All my networking programs stopped working after recent update to my router.
After some checks it appeared that network is blocking all network ports except a small number of services like port 80 or 443.
Everything else is blocked.
Network applications one by one stopping to work completely.
All my networking programs which were working OK for a year, all went Red and failing to make connections.
I have problems with connecting to my work using VPN and it is even getting worse by the day.
Some websites became blocked today and were working even yesterday.
As far as I can tell, my internet connection in some sort of lock down mode at the moment.
I do have Unlimited Fibre 65 plan - which I completely unable to use at the moment.
Looking at logs, I see that this service cut off happened somewhere 5th of June.

-

Does anybody have similar problems or can guide me were to raise this issue?

As I can't get to service desk.

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Morning,

Just checking back in to see how you're getting on?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 10

Hi,

Ok, no problem. Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 3 of 10

All right, I will try this in hour - I am doing critical work now and need my VPN conection up at the moment.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 10

Hello,

Could you try factory resetting the router and then re-setting this up again to see how this compares please.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 5 of 10

I forgot to mention, that I did setup DMZ on the router to see if it will help to expose computer to Internet without any router firewall involved. 

Basically everything left the same, just couple more ports became open for communication. Namely 30000 and 30100.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 10

Hi Debbie.

No I did not reset my router, but I did unplug from power it for a moment and switched on again - all problems were the same.

I did not understand what is going on and was assuming that something wrong with programs I use or even my computer setup.

However, after I managed to get VPN up - all failed progrms started to work.

Proving that it is network filtering/blocking.

I also can tell now, that I started to have issues maybe couple months ago in some limited areas.

For example I even raised service ticket with my VPN provider after suddenly I was unable to use UDP protocol for VPN connections.

As I see it now, that was early manifestation of coming big today's problem.

Should I try router reset to factory settings?

0 Likes

Message 7 of 10

Hi Just_Client

Thank you. Can I just check, have you also tried factory resetting the router using the pin hole reset for ten seconds?

0 Likes

Message 8 of 10

I guess I made it.

I meant I did update the profile.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 9 of 10

Hello,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

0 Likes