cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Need a router ASAP

dimaggio
Team Player
Private Message
Message 36 of 36

Hi. ;Just moved homes yesterday - (Saturday)
My old home had fibre 150.

New home just has broadband.

So Talk Talk  said I need to leave the fibre router behind.

Openreach is coming tomorrow (Monday) to setup the broadband

I have now opened my new installation equipment to prepare for tomorrow, but it's just 2 eero wifi boxes.

No router sent.

What to do? It's Sunday and no helplines are available...
Thanks

0 Likes
35 REPLIES 35

dimaggio
Team Player
Private Message
Message 1 of 36

Thanks, router finally arrived at the correct address. I'm up and running. Case closed. Thank you all for helping.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 36
0 Likes

Message 3 of 36

Thanks!

0 Likes

Message 4 of 36

Hi dimaggio,

I've ordered the router, it should be with you within a couple of days but please allow up to 5 working days for delivery

Chris

Message 5 of 36

Hi Debbie. My profile is up to date with my new number.

Talk Talk sent 2 eero routers, but they not connecting to the internet. I was online this morning with support for an hour and a half with no joy, they have escalated the problem.
Maybe a normal router could do the job? 

I'll settle for anything right now...

0 Likes

Message 6 of 36

Hi dimaggio

Can I just check, is your new telephone number in your Community Profile? I can then send out the router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 7 of 36

Hi Michelle, I've pasted what is on my account details below

Fibre 65

18 months
Current monthly package cost (excl. boosts and extras):
£29.95 £23.00

£6.95 Discount for 18 Months - Fibre 65 ends on 05 Jun 2023

Contract end date:
05 Jun 2023

0 Likes

Message 8 of 36

@Michelle-TalkTalk , the customer has gone live on a Fibre 65 service as they advised in post #22.

They need a HUB to be supplied so they can get online as the EERO devices are not suitable and it appears a mystery why they were supplied.

Message 9 of 36

Hello,

Can I just confirm, did you sign up for a Future Fibre connection? 

Thanks

dimaggio
Team Player
Private Message
Message 10 of 36

IMG_20211206_180015.jpgThank you martswain, I understand now the difference between the modem and the router. I don't know the specs of the router, I just remember it was quite large. Also, I remember the Engineer installed a white box outside the house, I presume that was the modem?

I can't go back and get the router as I have handed in the house keys, and it quite far to travel.

Question is, will Talk Talk provide another router? I just feel there isn't clear communication about what to take and not too take?

I received 2 packages for my new home, so I felt that was the new equipment I needed. I did not get any written direction on my account about taking the router. I just remember talking to someone over the phone, and they said something about fibre 150 not working with Fibre 65. Again the agent was not sure himself, and suggested leaving the equipment behind.

I attach a photo of the equipment I have received thus far.

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 36

@dimaggio yes, you should have left the MODEM behind but taken the ROUTER with you, hopefully that was a Sagemcom or Huawei HUB which would work perfectly with Fibre 65 as it is a combined VDSL modem/router.

Fibre 150, in either version (you still haven't told us which one your had) has two boxes.

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 36

But do you not have a Hub/router from there also? What exactly did you leave behind? It all seems academic now anyway. 

Give them a call on 0345 172 0046 and explain what has happened. Or wait here for the support team to pick this up.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 36

Hi. Thanks for replying so quickly.
No modem, Talk Talk told me a few weeks ago that the modem in my old home (Fibre 150) will not work with my new home (Fibre 65).
So they said I must leave the modem behind.

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 36

Well that's cleared things up a bit. Do you not have any modem/router that you can connect to the Openreach socket?

0 Likes

dimaggio
Team Player
Private Message
Message 15 of 36

Got this message from Talk Talk at 14.43 "Great news. Your Fibre 65 service is live in your new home - so you're just a few minutes away from a more powerful, reliable and faster broadband connection"
So I phone helpline and it keeps saying: "Sorry, your call can't be completed"

I need to connect for my work, I need help. Someone please help.

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 16 of 36

You should have waited to see if the engineer brought any equipment with them. The support team here will pick this up as soon as they can and advise further. 

dimaggio
Team Player
Private Message
Message 17 of 36

Sorry about opening new chat...I'll stick to this one...

Hi
Can't get through to support on the phone, I think it's because my old phone is now disconnected and my new phone is not connected yet.

The Engineer was suppssoed to come today (6/12), but I said CHANGE because my Modem hasn't been sent.

My old home had Fibre 150, so I was told to leave the Modem behind because it won't work with my new Fibre 65.
I was sent 2 eero 6 routers

What to do?
Thanks

0 Likes

Message 18 of 36

So, if ultrafast full fibre is available and you want Fibre 150 data only (no voice service) then that is an Openreach install of an external CSP and internal ONT and is supplied by TalkTalk with one Eero 6 dual band Wi-Fi unit (usually). 

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 19 of 36

The router is the LAST device of the home connection, which normally has 4 yellow ethernet ports to which you can connect computers and other equipment by LAN cable and other devices by WiFi.

0 Likes

Message 20 of 36

There was a modem. And there was a white box that was installed on the outside wall, could that be the router?

0 Likes