cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

New Customer - Awful Experience - Still No Broadband

Michaelcarr
Visitor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 7

Moving into a new address 28.6.24. Booked my broadband package a few weeks ago with a chap who spent more than an hour on the phone with me ( must be a newbie) and assured me that an engineer would contact me and all would be good by 28.6 as it's all so easy. Well, he started the package 2 weeks ago and sent the router out ( even though we weren't moving in for another 2 weeks). 

The Internet doesn't work!

I have spent over 3 hours with 3 bots, and 4 humans trying to resolve the issue. Sadly, I cannot always understand their foreign accents ( not prejudice, just a fact )and I'm not sure that they fully understand me. I asked to cancel the contract but they assured me they could sort it. I asked for an engineer to visit but this doesn't seem possible. I'm so frustrated as we depend on broadband as a family.

Anybody had similar experience?

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

I'm sorry for any inconvenience caused by this issue. If you'd like assistance from the Community Team can you please start your own thread/topic, as previously advised

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

Hi,

I have been talking to them all morning, all they have offered me is £25. They are still testing my line as we speak. The engineer lied.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

Hi minonolo,

If you need assistance can you please start your own thread/topic in the appropriate support section and we'll be happy to help - Help with your service - TalkTalk Help & Support

Chris

0 Likes

minonolo
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 7

I am having serious problems with my broadband, this has been going on for months now, I spend hours on here chatting to agents, each one gives different reasons for the problem, To top it all they sent an Open Reach engineer out last month, he was here 3 hours and had to call another senior engineer to help him fix it and now I have been charged £75 for his visit. I have just spent over an hour on the chat and the agent said the charge is valid as he put on the report that he found no issue ! Total lie, he went a mile away to fix something up a pole he said and also sai the new router that TalkTalk sent me the week before had a faulty power lead and gave me a new one. I am disgusted, the issue still hasn't been fixed, takes over an hour each day to get any kind of internet on any devise. So I am charged for their faults and he lied.

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 7

Hi Michael,

If you still need assistance can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 7

@Michaelcarr, over the weekend you can only reach support via Chat now till forum staff return on Monday. 

If the router is plugged in what lights show?

What package are you supposed to be on?

Which router did they send?

Please complete your community forum profile details for forum staff to identify your account when they reach your thread. Go via your avatar; settings etc.

Delays to set up get automatic compensation around 30 days after it's resolved. Details here:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/About-your-auto-compensation-credit/ta-p/2326583

Check live Chat opening hours near the bottom of this page for support in the meantime:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/How-to-contact-TalkTalk-Broadband/ta-p/2230529

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes