cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

New Router

JDupre
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 5

Hello, I have been with Talk talk for approx 11 years. In this time they have updated my router once. Please could someone explain how I get a new one.

Also meanwhile while waiting please can you send me an upgrade of the firmware for my aging thank you if anyone can help 🙂

HG633 hardware version H.101 Software version v2.00t

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 5

Hi JDupre,

I've replied to your PM

Chris

JDupre
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 5

Yes as I said I have been experiencing bandwidth issues of 700 kbs a sec do you not see this as an issue? 🙂
Or it simply does not work at all and I have to switch it on and off or reset it and so on.

Look its totally ok if you are unwilling to replace it then I can move somewhere else. I can't even turn on broadcast router as the bandwidth suddenly drops to the above and am having to use only Ethernet.

0 Likes

JDupre
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 5

Thank you for a reply,

Yes, many I keep getting strange alerts when trying to access the web (security alerts). The connection keeps dropping to around 700 kb's a second. This has been going on since last November even if i try the connection test it comes back with you have a fault "we are looking into it" but know one ever gets back to me.

I am using 32 character passwords

ps: Surfshark also tells me there is a security issue with my router. I have done a factory reset about 5 times no difference.

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 4 of 5

Hi JDupre,

Your router has the latest firmware. Are you experiencing any problems with your service? We generally don't replace routers unless there is a fault or you've upgraded to a new package and the current router isn't compatible with the new service

Chris

0 Likes