cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

New Router

Neilash
Team Player
Private Message
Message 23 of 23

I think my router is broken. To see if my assumption is correct could I have a replacement.

I cannot run a speed test via TalkTalk - all I get is "We run into a problem" message and everytime I run a connection test I Get the message "There's a problem with your Broadband connection".

Speeds are showing as 80mbps if you look at the router interface but at present on Speedtest I'm getting about 8MBPS download speed.

Neil Ashforth
0 Likes
22 REPLIES 22

Message 21 of 23

Hi Michelle - will do this tonight but in the past 3 months I've switched the router off and on again, reset it, switched it off for 30 mins or more. Tests at your end indicate it's receiving the speed it should be but the problem seems to be the Wifi broadcast signal is so weak.

I've had three openreach engineer visits - the line replaced from pole to house with the line coming straight into the house and into a new NTE 5C master socket.

Even had a TalkTalk engineer visit who found no fault with the setup nor any possible interference.

Just downgraded from G-Fast 150 back to Fibre 65 but still experiencing wild variation in download speeds.

Neil Ashforth
0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 22 of 23

Good afternoon,

Sorry to hear this. I've run a line test now which hasn't detected a fault. Would it be possible to try powering down the router for a full 30 minutes and then retest the speed again please as this will reset the current session. If there is no change in speed following this then please let us know and we can look into this further.

Thanks

Michelle