cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Recently getting "Secure connection failed" on forms.gle (Google forms) links

spinelcitrine
First Timer
Private Message
Message 14 of 14

Within the last few days, I have suddenly been unable to access Google forms links. When I click on them, I get a "Secure Connection Failed" error on Firefox and similar on other browsers:

On Firefox:

Secure Connection Failed

An error occurred during a connection to forms.gle. PR_END_OF_FILE_ERROR

On Chrome:

This site can’t be reached

The connection was reset.

On Edge:

First, I get a "Connection was reset" error (ERR_CONNECTION_RESET) before reloading to a page that says:

The connection for this site is not secureforms.gle sent an invalid response.
Try running network diagnostics with Get Help.
ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR

I looked up this issue and the main solution is this: https://support.google.com/docs/thread/77815684/tried-to-fill-out-a-google-docs-forum-but-gives-me-a... (in particular: https://groups.google.com/g/firebase-talk/c/zsNlUfIfd68/m/q6i9rYfzBwAJ )

Essentially, it's an ISP block on the redirect URL which I guess is marked as shady/insecure. I have TalkTalk, not xFinity, but indeed, forms.gle links are broken on any devices (Windows laptop, Mac laptop, iPhones) connected to our TalkTalk wireless network; when we disconnect our phones from wireless and force them to use data only, the links work fine.

Anyone else having this issue? How can I get TalkTalk to fix this? Can I fix this myself through router or account settings?

13 REPLIES 13

Message 1 of 14

Afternoon,

Would you mind retesting and letting us know if this is now working please?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 2 of 14

There is no confusion in not marking this problem as resolved. You are creating confusion by fragmenting the conversation in separate posts. I have now created this new post.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 14

Hi pizzayama

We need to investigate this but we only help with one customer per thread, it avoids confusion.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 14

Yes, I am questioning that policy. You know that there is still a problem for the whole "community", but you are refusing to solve it. Not the best customer service.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 14

Morning,

We ask all customers to create there own topic to avoid confusion and this is also the Community policy. We're happy to look into this further once a new topic has been created.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 6 of 14

The problem is clearly stated and is still unresolved. Why are you insisting that we jump through your hoops? You are not making TalkTalk look good in your handling the case @Michelle-TalkTalk @Debbie-TalkTalk 

0 Likes

Message 7 of 14

Hi mark25,

I'm sorry to hear this. Please can you create your own topic and we can look into this further for you.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

mark25
First Timer
Private Message
Message 8 of 14

Yes Im having the same problem. 

0 Likes

Message 9 of 14

Hi @pizzayama 

Please can you create a new topic/thread on the Community, we can then take a look at this for you.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 10 of 14

That is just a work-around, TalkTalk need to fix this! (In response to @Debbie-TalkTalk )

0 Likes

pizzayama
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 11 of 14

I noticed exactly the same behaviour on Google forms. After a long investigation and some stress (I had to register the children on something that was available only for a limited time), I found the same workaround - disconnect from WiFi and use mobile data. I will call TalkTalk support as soon as they open. Please do the same. They got it wrong and they should fix it for everyone.

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 12 of 14

Hi spinelcitrine

I can see that Gondola has replied. Do you still need help with this?

Thanks

Debbie

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 14

Go into your Customer MyAccount and turn off Scam Protection or as a workaround if you don't need any HomeSafe protections use a non-TalkTalk DNS in your router.

HomeSafe Turn off Scam Protection

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution