cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

New router

Awboxster
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 20 of 20

Hi, I had a new router supplied by yourselves earlier this year and was working ok on both frequencies .Up until the last few weeks the 5GHz has stopped working every 4-5days and requires a reboot to start it working again. The 2.4GHz works OK (I had split the two outputs out when I first received it and that worked OK). Can you assist me please.

Cheers, Adrian

Awburke
0 Likes
19 REPLIES 19

Message 1 of 20

Hi Adrian

I'm so glad to hear this, thanks for letting us know 🙂

Yes that's no problem.

I've sent you a Private Message with a link to a short survey for the Community.

Thanks again.

Debbie

Message 2 of 20
Hi Debbie, the new router appears to be behaving itself so all good so far!! I will send the other router back next week if that's ok.

I also sent this reply via the e-mail as well because I don't always receive the 'code' required for the log in on this community site.

Anyway all good so far and thanks for your help.

Adrian

Awburke

Message 3 of 20
0 Likes

Message 4 of 20

Hi Adrian,

Yes of course 🙂 We'll check back in with you on Friday to see how you're getting on.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 5 of 20

Hi Debbie, so far so good the 2.4ghz wifi connection generally runs at 50-52mb, so I will continue with this router for the rest of the week...is that OK?

Regards Adrian

Awburke
0 Likes

Message 6 of 20

Hi Adrian

How's the connection been since yesterday?

0 Likes

Awboxster
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 20

OK

Awburke

Message 8 of 20

Hi Adrian

No problem, I will check in again with you tomorrow to see how the connection has been.

Thanks

Debbie 🙂

0 Likes

Message 9 of 20

OK, thanks for your help.

Regards,  Adrian

Awburke

Message 10 of 20

Hi Adrian

Yes, switching the WIFI optimisation off will stop the channel changing from the one you have chosen yourself.

This has now been switched off, please let us know how the connection compares.

Thanks again.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 20

Yes please...I have set the wifi channel on the router to number eleven, is this the same as you are talking about?

Awburke

Message 12 of 20

Hi Adrian

Thanks for your reply.

Would you like me to switch the WIFI optimisation off on the line to see if this helps?

0 Likes

Message 13 of 20

Hi Debbie, yes I received the new router (2nd one) and initially worked fine on both 5 and 2.4ghz channels. After about 1 day the 2.4ghz channel stopped working but the 5 ghz was OK!!, I rebooted the router and it was all ok, but the 2.4ghz has continued to slow right down and sometimes virtually nothing...and then it speeds up again. Today I have changed the channel on 2.4ghz from 1 to number 11 and will see what happens over the next few days. This all seems to be rather silly as the earlier router you sent stopped working on the 5ghz channel but was ok on the 2.4ghz! One positive from this newer router is my broadband download speed has increased to 50-53mb , so not all bad.

Regards, Adrian

Awburke
0 Likes

Message 14 of 20
0 Likes

Message 15 of 20
0 Likes

Message 16 of 20

Thanks, will do.

Adrian 

Awburke

Message 17 of 20

Hi Adrian

The router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 18 of 20

Hi Michelle, yes please for a replacement router!..I have just rebooted my router and all works again(5GHz) probably for another 4-5 days.

Really appreciate your quick reply and potential fix.

Regards, Adrian

Awburke

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 19 of 20

Hi Awboxster,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've run a line test now just to rule out any line/possible faults and this is clear. Would you like us to send a replacement router for testing purposes? We would also send a router returns bag so that one of the routers can be returned.

Thanks

Michelle