cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

No Internet Connection on newer iPhone

JoeOzUK
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 13

Hi, since upgrading (ha!) to a newer iPhone 13 Mini from iPhone SE Gen2, I have been regularly losing internet connection. The device remains connected to the router, but will receive a message in Wi-Fi settings on phone that says 'No Internet Connection'. It can be quickly resolved by turning the Wi-Fi off/on on the device. All other device continue to work without issue. I had a feeling it maybe when the device switches from 5Ghz to 2.4Ghz (or vice versa) but I'm just guessing.

I have tried forgetting network and resetting Network Settings on device, but no luck. 

JoeOzUK_0-1721905611611.png

I've read through a few other threads and I believe that @KeithFrench may know how to resolve this.

Also, please can you switch off optimised settings so that I can choose my own channels & bandwidths as I thought I'd resolved the issue when changing 2.4Ghz channel only to find it keeps reverting back to the original channel.

Thanks in advance,

Joe

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

Message 1 of 13

Hi @ntolayd 

I'm sorry to hear this. Please can you create your own topic and we can look into this further for you.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 13

Hi @ntolayd 

If you want help, you cannot use someone else's thread.

To get help, you must start your own thread. To create your own thread, go to the main page for the board in question & click the "Start a topic" button.

TalkTalk insists on one thread per problem per customer. Please note, TalkTalk makes the rules, not me.

Thanks.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

ntolayd
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 13

Hello, I'm having the same problem with Iphone 15 and Iphone 14. 

0 Likes

Message 4 of 13

Good afternoon,

Just a quick post to advise that this is still under investigation, no additional updates as yet. We'll continue to chase this for updates.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 5 of 13

Hi JoeOzUK

Thanks for your reply.

We have some other customers reporting this issue but with different models of iPhone.

This issue is under investigation with our Devices Team and I will post back here as soon as we have further information.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 6 of 13

Hi Debbie, yes it's only affecting my iPhone 13 mini. All other devices, including older iPhones are working seamlessly. Thanks, Joe

Message 7 of 13

Thanks for your help @KeithFrench 

Hi @JoeOzUK 

Can I just check, is this only affecting the iPhone? Are all other devices working ok?

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 13

Hi @JoeOzUK 

Do not worry about interpreting the results, I will do that for you. I will send a PM to you that contains a link for a guide of mine on Wi-Fi interference. It is quite long (about 30 pages), but you will probably only need to look at three or four pages in total. Initially look at the section called "Are you suffering from interference – prove it first". This is the first link in the table of contents. This section includes full details of free Wi-Fi analysers that I recommend for Windows, Windows phone, Android and Apple operating systems. However, I have no way of testing the Apple product. Select the analyser of your choice & my guide explains how to use it.

If you are using Wi-Fi Scanner, then please attach the zip file to this thread. As soon as I have downloaded it, I will remove the attachment from your post, to preserve your privacy.

With all other analysers, please follow my instructions below.

Collect the screenshots that I require and include them in your reply.

Please post the screenshots to me in a PM (to protect your privacy), which I have requested in my guide. No photos please as they can be difficult to read, because the text can get out of focus when zoomed in. Please ensure that the analyser window is maximised (if Windows) before taking the screenshots & upload them via the "Insert Photos" button (in a mobile browser it's the picture icon) on the post editor's toolbar with the Size parameter set to Large.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

JoeOzUK
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 13

Thanks @KeithFrench, any help will be very gratefully received. I used Apple's AirPort Utility and know that my direct neighbour and a few close by are also using the same 2.4Ghz channel as me, so there's most likely interference. Joe

P.S. Can you send me your guide please

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 13

Hi @JoeOzUK 

Whether changes can be made permanent, on your 5364 depends currently, on the evidence that I can provide (with information from yourself) that WiFi Optimisation is making the wrong decisions. I think there are certain problems with some iPhones, but only being a customer myself, that does not have any Apple products, I cannot be sure.

Slow speed, intermittent dropouts, breaks in the signal or no signal on some or all devices or no internet access might be caused by Wi-Fi interference from other local networks, which can also lead to a permanent reduction in speed. No ISP can be responsible for your local environment, this is mainly a byproduct of the popularity of Wi-Fi.

Generally speaking, the 2.4GHz band suffers a lot more from interference than the much faster 5GHz band, but the 2.4GHz one can sometimes have a better range, but this all depends on your local area.

In other words, I try to help you optimise your Wi-Fi connection. The next stage involves sending out a guide to you to help you get me some important diagnostic results so that I can analyse them for you and recommend changes to your router configuration to solve them.

I only send this out to people who request it.

Keith

0 Likes

JoeOzUK
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 13

Hi Michelle, thanks for the quick response. Both devices are on iOS 17.5.1. Also, I don't have any wifi boosters in my set-up.

If I want to choose a different Wi-Fi channel, can you change it permanently?

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 12 of 13

Hi Joe,

Thanks for your post and I'm sorry to hear this. We no longer have the option to switch off wifi optimisation. What version of IOS was on the previous phone and also this new phone please?

Thanks

Michelle