cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

No Internet connection

MWise81
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 3 of 3

So, yesterday (Sunday 28th) the Internet stopped functioning.

We had this issue before some time ago (approx 3 months ago?) and we were sent a new router, which by the time that had arrived the service had been restored by itself.

This time with the fault reoccurring I finally switched the router to the new one.  This is now day 2 of no Internet, the WiFi capability is there as it can be seen on the list of available WiFi.

The router is displaying a solid amber light, I have restarted it numerous times for varying periods of time (left it unplugged today whilst at work for over 8 hours) but the problem persists.

So I can only conclude it is the broadband connection to the house. We live in the SE of England so I doubt its to do with Storm Arwen, its been cold but no high winds here.

I have been through the list of automated checklists and line tests which says there is a problem with my setup, to which there is not, it's setup as per the instructions and also exactly how it was to the previous router but obviously with the new cables and power supply that came in the box (telephone and broadband splitter not required as I have an open reach pre filtered socket)

Is there a problem in the SE or has my particular line/exchange encountered a problem? 

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 3

Hi MWise81

I'm really sorry to hear this.

The line test hasn't detected any faults but I can see re connections on the line.

If you have tested with a different router at the test socket then the next step will be to arrange an Openreach engineer visit.

Would you like me to arrange this visit?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 2 of 3

Hi @MWise81,

A solid amber light usually indicates the router is physically connected ok, but is unable to authenticate onto the TalkTalk network.

The TalkTalk staff on this community will be able to help, they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow. You may get faster support from the live chat or calling customer services on 0345 172 0088 during opening hours (live chat until 9pm tonight).