cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

No Internet for 5 days ...so far

ftwizard
Team Player
Private Message
Message 62 of 62

My internet has been down since 13/01/21

I've spoken to three pretty unhelpful people, had a new hub and still no connection.

I'm supposed to be getting a call from a manager, but I've heard nothing yet and I need internet for my work.

I'm in the middle of a 2 year contract and I think I need to cancel to get a service with a more useful customer service.

Is there someone from Talktalk that can offer some useful help?

Thanks.

61 REPLIES 61

Message 21 of 62

Morning,

I'm really sorry to hear this. I've re-escalated this now to our team and have asked them to thoroughly go over all the information from the engineer. I will post back again as soon as they come back to me.

Thanks

ftwizard
Team Player
Private Message
Message 22 of 62

Still no internet, that's 20 days and counting. All I can do is post here every day and hope that someone is capable of of doing something to fix this shambles.

0 Likes

Message 23 of 62

Yes. I’ve done that a few times. 

0 Likes

Message 24 of 62

OK thanks. Could you just confirm that when you dialed 17070 your correct landline number was read back to you

Chris

0 Likes

Message 25 of 62

No change here. Still no internet.

0 Likes

Message 26 of 62

Hi ftwizard,

I've made a change so could you please retest and let us know if you still can't access the internet (please also see Automatic compensation)

Chris

0 Likes

Message 27 of 62

No, still not working. Apparently Openreach technical should have emailed something to your tech dept, but I don't have any faith in that at all.

I have aranged an upgrade to Fibre 150, but that won't be up and running until 12th Feb.

I still have no internet, and that will be a full month by then. I'm pretty appalled that you can't fix this.

Will I get compensated for this, at least to pay for the data I'm having to use.

Can this be escalated so that an engineer can look into it from TalkTalk's end, as Openreach have exhausted all their options, and there is no fault on their side.

I'm at my wits end, I don't know what else to do.

0 Likes

Message 28 of 62

Hi ftwizard,

I'm really sorry about this, can you confirm that your internet still isn't working (it looks OK at our end)

Chris

0 Likes

Message 29 of 62

The engineer has been here for 4 hours this morning. We still have no internet. 
So that’s now 2weeks without any internet at all. 
Where do I go from here?

0 Likes

Message 30 of 62

Okay, that’s good. Thanks. 

Brenda

0 Likes

Message 31 of 62

Hi

Friday 28th AM has been booked for you.

Thanks  

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 32 of 62

We are available any day. Preferably AM, but PM is okay as well. 

0 Likes

Message 33 of 62

OK thanks, can you let me know when you can be available for the engineer visit and I'll book it for you

Chris

0 Likes

Message 34 of 62

Done the reset again. No change, still no internet connection. 

0 Likes

Message 35 of 62

Hi,

Ok, please let us know if the router factory reset doesn't work and we can arrange the engineer visit for you.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 36 of 62

There's nothing in the WAN port and it's been reset several times, but I'll do it again just for you 🙂

Bear in mind, the Openreach engineer believed he could have fixed it, if he had been given the job as a "fibre job" I believe he would have be issued with the correct info to get further into the network. I'm clearly not an expert, but that is what he said.

As the engineer has already been once, and it's already been replaced once, I think we can assume that there is nothing wrong with the router.

The correct engineer with the correct info, must be able to fix this. It's not a vague, intermitent fault, there is simply no conection to the internet, everything else works perfectly, including WiFi.

We are available any day, preferably AM, but we can do PM at a push.

Brenda.

0 Likes

Message 37 of 62

Hi,

I've been speaking with our faults team this morning as I wanted them to double check that their are no network issues on our side that may be causing this. They have said that it is showing a router issue, however I have advised them that you have tested with 2 different routers. Could you try factory resetting the router and then re-setting this up again please and ensure that nothing is plugged into the wan port at the back of the router.

If there is still no connection following this then please provide some more availability and we will book the next available visit.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 38 of 62

No, no contact from anyone. 

0 Likes

Message 39 of 62

Morning,

I'm sorry for the delay. I re-escalated this yesterday afternoon. Have you been contacted by our faults team since your last post?

Thanks

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 40 of 62

@ftwizard, there is a Complaints Code that you can follow & Ts&Cs, both on links at the foot of the page.

Details of how to cancel, if it comes to that, can be found easily using the forum search box.

However you need to allow up to 30 days for Talktalk to endeavour to sort things out before early termination fees could be waived.

@Michelle-TalkTalk has promised to post back when she has further information. I will re-escalate this thread, but I am sure that she would post back as soon as she can anyway. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes