cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

No WiFi flashing red light

Danielalexander
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 23 of 23

No WiFi and flashing red light on box. Who can I contact? 

D alexander
0 Likes
22 REPLIES 22

Message 1 of 23

Hi

openreach have confirmed resolution of the fault.

Can you please retest and let me know if there are any further issues.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 23

Hi Daniel,

This is still in hand with Openreach, no further updates yet. I'll check again later

Chris

0 Likes

Message 3 of 23

Hello, the WiFi still isn’t working. Have you got any new info regarding what’s happening? I’ve had nothing since going live on Tuesday and was on this chat and emails all yesterday trying to get it fixed. 

D alexander
0 Likes

Message 4 of 23

Hi

difficult to give a timescale until the cause is identified, but openreach should be out within 24 hours.

Karl

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 23

Yes, that is correct. What is the timescale to get this fixed? 

D alexander
0 Likes

Message 6 of 23

Hi

I can see this has now been logged out to Openreach for investigation by our customer service colleagues last night.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 7 of 23

Hi, I’ve tried a working land phone there’s no connection working. It’s a BT open reach connection on wall if that helps also 

cheers Danny 

D alexander
0 Likes

Message 8 of 23

As everything looks OK from our end but not from yours then I think you most likely have a crossed line. If you can get hold of a phone and have a dial tone then dialing 17070 from the handset will read back the telephone number. If you have a crossed line then it will readback a telephone number that isn't yours. If it reads back your number then you don't have a crossed line and something else is the issue

Chris

0 Likes

Message 9 of 23

What’s are the two outcomes in the phone has a dial tone or not? In the 5-6hrs I’ve hoped this was fixed all you’ve offered is to switch it on and off and now borrow a land phone that nobody has used in about 20years. In your experience what’s do you think is wrong with the connection? 

D alexander
0 Likes

Message 10 of 23

Are you able to borrow one of friend or family? It's just that it really would help us identify where the problem is

Chris

0 Likes

Message 11 of 23

No sorry no phone handset. I’ve not had one for about 20years. 

D alexander
0 Likes

Message 12 of 23

Thanks for trying that. Do you have a telephone handset that you can connect to check the line? Your router is still showing connected at our end so you may have a crossed line?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 13 of 23

Hi, switched it back on. Still red light flashing, internet is connecting on mobile but saying “no internet connection”  in iPhone settings WiFi. 

D alexander
0 Likes

Message 14 of 23

The router is showing that it connected yesterday morning and is still connected, line test passes. Could you switch the router off and leave it off for at least 30 minutes then switch back on and check to see if you then have an internet connection

Chris

0 Likes

Message 15 of 23

It hasn’t, was supposed to go live yesterday but still not. Done all the usual stuff to reset it but no joy. Been on 2 live chats since 9am, both disconnected. It’s same set up as TalkTalk box at work so confused why it’s not started working here 

D alexander
0 Likes

Message 16 of 23

OK. The router is showing connected to the Internet at the moment, when was the last time that it worked?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 17 of 23

I’ve not got a landline phone connected. Only use mobiles 

D alexander
0 Likes

Message 18 of 23

Is your telephone service working OK, is there a dial tone?

0 Likes

Message 19 of 23

Yes 

D alexander
0 Likes

Message 20 of 23

Thanks. Is t he orange light flashing at the moment?

Chris

0 Likes