cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

No Wifi in CH2 3AR, Hoole, Chester

Zonnks
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 11

22nd December 2021 - 1.55pm

UPDATE - RESOLVED.
** Issue of fault between service area and my home resolved in under 12 hours with the help of this wonderful community and their engineers  **

Good evening all,
I hope your well and safe during this time.

At around 2.30 - 2.45pm on the 21st of December, my wifi just dropped. I have run through various troubleshooting suggestions but no success!

When reporting the fault on the websitr, it states that there is an issue between the Exchange and my home address.  I'm unsure what this means..

I am heavily relying on using the Wifi to celebrate Christmas remotely with my family. The thought of not being able to take part in Mario Kart online, Kahoot or family video calls really makes feel quite isolated and very sad.

I also work remotely from home so unable to do my work for lesson planning currently either so it is affecting my work life too!

I am currently spending additional funds to top up my mobile, however this is not ideal as it is really expensive 😞 

My query is;

The website is great but it says an Engineer will be sent out in 2-3 working days, what are the chances this will be resolved before Christmas day?

Am I entitled to a partial refund due to lack of service as part of my package? This would really help towards additional data costs 😞

Is the fault just me affected or could there be others?

I hope you can help me, I don't want to spend Christmas alone...

Thanks for reading and I appreciate any help!

Happy Holidays!

Jordan 

Jordan
0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 11

Really touched, @Zonnks. So glad to hear that your service has been restored so quickly.

Have a lovely Christmas!

😊

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Message 2 of 11

Hi Jordan

I'm so glad to hear this.

Thank you for your kind words. Merry Christmas to you too 🙂

Debbie

Zonnks
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 11

@Debbie-TalkTalk @Gliwmaeden2 

I have just had a text to let me know an engineer has now resolved the fault.

This has been sorted in less than 12 hours from my original post.

I just want to say a huge thank you to you both for such excellent customer service and for being wonderful people.

After the notification, my wifi is working again after restarting my wifi hub.

I hope you realise the difference you have made to someone at Christmas and how special your line of work is.

I have been a customer of talk talk for the last 20 months and I have to say the service, turnaround and communication is fantastic!

I hope one of you can pass this message on to the engineer who resolved the fault! 

Thank you again for making such a difference at such a difficult time.

Merry Christmas and stay safe!

Jordan ❤️

Jordan

Message 4 of 11

Hi Zonnks

Ahh you're welcome 🙂  We will continue to monitor for updates.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 5 of 11

Oh @Debbie-TalkTalk , this is such wonderful news and makes me feel very reassured.

Fingers crossed they can fix the issue!

Thank you for your kindness today! Means the world.

Jordan

Message 6 of 11

Hi Zonnks

It looks like the engineer was assigned to investigate the fault today so hopefully they will get this fixed as soon as possible.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 7 of 11

Hi Zonnks

I completely understand. I will check on this fault again this afternoon for any additional updates from Openreach.

Thanks

Debbie

Zonnks
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 11

Thank you both so much for such speedy and quick replies.

I really appreciate you'd responses today and fingers crossed it gets resolved quickly! @Gliwmaeden2  @Debbie-TalkTalk 

i know it’s daft but I’m just getting so anxious, especially so close to Christmas!

Jordan

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 9 of 11

Hi Jordan

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I can see that this fault is with Openreach and will be investigated by a line engineer.

We should receive further updates from Openreach within the next 24-48hrs.

Thanks

Debbie

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 11

Two full working days since reporting it need to have elapsed before the days of compensation start to clock up, @Zonnks.

The details are here:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/About-your-auto-compensation-credit/ta-p/2326583

It is calculated after it is resolved (so note the course of this in your diary) and at the moment is likely to take at least a further 30 days after that to materialise. 

Look for a reply from staff later on today to check whether they can find an earlier appointment for you. 

Reply to them on this thread. Any notification emails you get will be from a No Reply address. 

Check also the Ts&Cs (link at the foot of any TT page) for details of Talktalk's responsibilities. 

You can check for short term problems here:

https://istheservicedown.co.uk/status/talktalk

Service Status Dashboard may show significant problems too when they arise. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.