cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

No broadband for three weeks want to cancel without fee

hgeorge96
First Timer
Private Message
Message 3 of 3

Hi,

I recently moved house and wanted to stick with talk talk but since we moved in on the 20th of Jan we have had no internet. They had a full months notice for this change. 

First I did the manual line checks through the website, nothing. Then ran checks with the web chat and got sent that email with all the things I could test at home, did it all, still nothing. Then I rang up and sat on the phone for an hour and a half whilst they did the same checks again before they arranged for an engineer to come in the week. The engineer came and said the issue was that Talk Talk had not switched on the internet in the open reach box and an engineer would have to come and do it, he said he would report this to talk talk. The weekend passes and we hear nothing. I call up today and they do all the same checks they’ve already done, seem to have no record of what the engineer has reported. Eventually the tech support on the phone says he will get someone from open reach to go to that box today and switch it on. I tell him I’m at work so cannot grant property access at anytime today, he says that doesn’t matter I don’t need to be home. 

I then get a call from the open each engineer saying he’s at my address and needs access and that because I’m not home I will be billed £65. I have to then argue my case over a live chat with a person who eventually after a lot of heated messages says I won’t have to pay that fee but I have to get back in touch once the bill has been issued in order for them to take it off my account. 

I now want to switch to a different provider since Talk Talk have proved themselves incompetent and ineffective. I really don’t think I should have to pay a break in contract fee. I’ve received awful customer  service and have not had any Wi-Fi for three weeks now. 

Can they legally enforce that I pay this? 

I have not cancelled any of my direct debits to them at this time. 

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 3

Hi hgeorge96

Thanks for your post

I can look into this but first, can you please update your community profile to include:

Name

Telephone number or account number.

Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Regards

0 Likes

Divsec
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 3

Hi @hgeorge96 your post has been escalated and you should hear soon. In the meantime please add your landline phone number to your community profile so that your account can be identified by the team here. Please don't post personal information here. 

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
0 Likes