cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Broadband down for 3 days and no one to speak to

manibae
Participant
Private Message
Message 9 of 9

My broadband has been down for over 3 days, so called the loyalty team, after waiting in line for 10 mins, I got to speak to someone. Then I was put through to the technical team. Another hold for a few mins and got an aswering message saying they cannot answer my call. Not good at all. 

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Hi @manibae 

I've sent you a PM.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 9

Yes please. 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 9

Hi

This would suggest a line issue if you are unable to call out.

The next option is to arrange an engineer for you, would you like to proceed with this now ?

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

manibae
Participant
Private Message
Message 4 of 9

Hi Karl, 

Just tested the landline and it seems we can receive calls, but cannot make calls from the landline. 

There's a dial tone, and when I make a call from my mobile, it works fine, but cannot make calls from the landline to my mobile. 

Thanks. 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 9

Hi

are you able to borrow a handset for 2 minute to test the line.  If we send a broadband engineer and the line is at fault then they may tell you that you need a line engineer, and visa versa, somthis would risk a charge.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

manibae
Participant
Private Message
Message 6 of 9

Hi Karl, 

Thanks for your response. 

However I do not own a landline phone to test with. 

The broadband is still down. 

Regards, 

Mani

0 Likes

manibae
Participant
Private Message
Message 7 of 9

Hi,

Thanks for your response. 

However, I do not have a landline phone to test. 

The landline is there purely for the broadband, so cannot test it, and the broadband is still down.

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 8 of 9

Hi

As your on an ADSL service, can you connect a phone handset to the master socket or 'Test Socket' and confirm if there is a dial tone, and you are able to make and receive calls.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes