would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

No internet through WiFi - while LAN ok

2 REPLIES 2
marxwerner2
First Timer

Hi There,

My router  drops the internet connection to my devices after an hour or so and to fix it I have to reset the router each time, which is getting super frustrating now.

@Steveb400 had the same problem - https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Broadband/New-WiFi-Hub-unable-to-connect-to-the-Internet/m-p/232...

I have read through this post and have tried all the suggestions with no change in my problem.

As you did for him could you please send me a new router as soon as possible.

Many thanks

W

KeithFrench
Community Star

Hi @marxwerner2 

TalkTalk will not replace your router without doing some diagnostics first. That won't be until tomorrow at the earliest, but I may be able to help you resolve this, prior to then with your help.

Please can you elaborate by answering these few questions:-

1. What make/model of router do you have (if this is a TalkTalk router, these details will be on a label on the rear or underside of it) and what firmware version is it running?
2. What is the exact status of the lights on the front of the router when this happens?
3. If you have any wired connections, are they affected in the same way as wireless ones?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Community Team

Hi marxwerner2

I'm sorry to hear this.

Have you tested different wireless channels to see how the connection compares? Change your wireless channel

Thanks

Debbie