cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

No internet to unmanaged switch

srahman76
Team Player
Private Message
Message 45 of 45

Hi,

I have ran an ethernet cable from one of the LAN ports on my TalkTalk Hub router (Fibre 150) to an unmanaged switch (TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24 Port Gigabit switch). Initially, the first few days I have all my wired connection connected, TVs, CCTV, laptops etc (my house has CAT6 wired throughout).  There is successful connection to the switch and then a few days later my devices has no internet.  I currently now have a 10 meter cable running across the floor directly to the CCTV unit and one to my work laptop, as I work from home and require a wired connection. 

I have swapped the 24 port switch with a new TP-Link 8 Port Gigabit Switch (TL-SG108) and I get the same issue a few days later.

This setup has worked previously when I was on a normal ADSL broadband (BT and Virgin).

They are both unmanaged switches which are plug and play.

The switches only work again after I have done a factory reset on the router. Any ideas what I can do? Maybe the settings for the router need tweaking or firmware update, which I can't do manually?

Thanks in advance 🙂  

s.rahman
0 Likes
44 REPLIES 44

srahman76
Team Player
Private Message
Message 41 of 45

Hi Chris, 

Thank you for your message.  I am still experiencing the same issue.  Last night I reset the router and I now have my 8 port switch connected.  

Is there any update that could be installed on the router?

Thank you.

Shajna

s.rahman
0 Likes

Message 42 of 45

Hi Shajna,

How are you getting on, are you still experiencing this problem? FAST 5465-2.T4 is the model number

Chris

0 Likes

srahman76
Team Player
Private Message
Message 43 of 45

Hi Michelle, 

The Make: Sagemcom

Device Ver:  FAST 5465-2.T4

I am not sure what  model it is, as I am unable to find on the Web GUI and the back of the router?.

Regards,

Shajna

s.rahman
0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 44 of 45

Hello,

Can I just confirm, which router do you have? (make and model) Do any of the lights change on the router when this happens?

Thanks

0 Likes