cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

No internet to unmanaged switch

srahman76
Team Player
Private Message
Message 45 of 45

Hi,

I have ran an ethernet cable from one of the LAN ports on my TalkTalk Hub router (Fibre 150) to an unmanaged switch (TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24 Port Gigabit switch). Initially, the first few days I have all my wired connection connected, TVs, CCTV, laptops etc (my house has CAT6 wired throughout).  There is successful connection to the switch and then a few days later my devices has no internet.  I currently now have a 10 meter cable running across the floor directly to the CCTV unit and one to my work laptop, as I work from home and require a wired connection. 

I have swapped the 24 port switch with a new TP-Link 8 Port Gigabit Switch (TL-SG108) and I get the same issue a few days later.

This setup has worked previously when I was on a normal ADSL broadband (BT and Virgin).

They are both unmanaged switches which are plug and play.

The switches only work again after I have done a factory reset on the router. Any ideas what I can do? Maybe the settings for the router need tweaking or firmware update, which I can't do manually?

Thanks in advance 🙂  

s.rahman
0 Likes
44 REPLIES 44

Message 1 of 45
0 Likes

Message 2 of 45

Thank you Chris 🙂

s.rahman
0 Likes

Message 3 of 45

Ok thanks for letting us know. If you experience any further problems just let us know

Chris

Message 4 of 45

Hi Michelle,

I changed the router on Sunday and so far all seems to be stable. Thank you.

I have packed up the Eero router and old Sagecom route to take over to the post office today.

Thank you.

Regards,

Shajna

s.rahman

Message 5 of 45

Morning,

How are you getting on?

Thanks

Message 6 of 45

Hi Shajna

No problem. Please let me know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie

srahman76
Team Player
Private Message
Message 7 of 45

Hi Debbie,

Thank you very much.

Regards,

Shajna

s.rahman
0 Likes

Message 8 of 45

Hi srahman76

Apologies for this. Our Warehouse Team sent the router for me, I didn't request an eero.

I have now ordered the Sagemcom hub and a returns bag, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Thanks

srahman76
Team Player
Private Message
Message 9 of 45

Hello, we you be sending me a Sagemcom router and the Eero router is the wrong one. Thank you. 

s.rahman
0 Likes

Message 10 of 45

Check to see if there is a returns bag with the Eero, @srahman76. If not, staff will send you one.

See: https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Returning-your-TalkTalk-equipment/ta-p/2348381

You can use Royal Mail Parcel Collect. Talktalk doesn't arrange collection. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 11 of 45

Hello,

I received the router today, and it is an Eero route and not a Sagemcom router.

Please can this be replaced with a Sagemcom router, and arrange for a collection on the Eero router.

Thank you.

Regards,

Shajna

s.rahman
0 Likes

Message 12 of 45

Hi srahman76

The router is on its way, please allow 48hrs for this to arrive.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 13 of 45

Hello Michelle,

Yes please.  Can there be a software update in case this resolves the issue?

I have either a Sagemcom 5364 or 5464 model router.

Thank you.

Regards,

Shajna

s.rahman
0 Likes

Message 14 of 45

Morning,

I'm really sorry to hear this. Would you like us to send a replacement router for testing purposes?

Thanks

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 15 of 45

Re-escalating this for you, @srahman76.

Staff are on here during the day, Monday to Friday. 

Please look out for their reply. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

srahman76
Team Player
Private Message
Message 16 of 45

Hello, 

Please can you help?  From Thursday 11th May I have seem to lose connection to my router, WiFi as well as wired connection through my unmanaged switches. This again happened on Friday 12th and again last night Sunday 14th. 

I have rebooted the router and the switch ans no luck, I also swapped out my unmanaged switch (spare Gigabit switch) with the same result.  

Only after a factory reset on the router my WiFi connects as well as my wired connection. 

I need to have wired connection for my work as I need ro connect a secure laptop.

Has there been software updates on the router that has been causing this problem?

Please not I has a similar issue last year.

Thank you.

Regards, 

Shajna

s.rahman
0 Likes

Message 17 of 45

You're Welcome 🙂

Regards 

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

srahman76
Team Player
Private Message
Message 18 of 45

Hi Karl,

Thank you.

s.rahman
0 Likes

Message 19 of 45

Hi

The router will usually arrive in 24 - 48hrs and should be either the Sagemcom 5364 or 5464 model.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

srahman76
Team Player
Private Message
Message 20 of 45

Hi Karl,

Yes, I have now done this.  Roughly when would I expect the new router? 

Also, please can you confirm which router I receive?

Thank you.

s.rahman
0 Likes