cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Nowhere to manually enter new wi-fi password

Old-confused
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 5

Hello, I'm old and confused. I've just changed my wifi password. I've successfully connected my ipad, TV and phone with the new password but I just can't connect my laptop. I've had to use an ethernet cable. I go to wifi at the bottom right, click on my my wifi connection, it won't connect automatically and no box appears to enter the password manually, it just times out after saying 'checking network requirements' and then 'unable to connect to this network'. I've gone to network connections in settings, I've looked and tried everywhere, can anyone help please?. I hope that I'm posting this in the right place.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi Old-confused,

Glad to hear that you've managed to resolve the issue with fr8ys kind assistance. If you need any further help just let us know

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 5

Pleased it worked.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes

Old-confused
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 5

Hello fr8ys,

I sent you a pm because I couldn't figure out how to reply to your post, I think I've just solved that. So, once again thank you so much. I can't see how to mark your message with 'Best Answer' but it certainly was.

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 5

When clicking on the network icon bottom left, you should see a list of available networks.

Right mouse click your network and then click forget network.

Then click on network again and select yours. You should then get a password box appear.

I'm suggesting this from memory as my laptop is not connected, but forgetting the network should work.

Hope it does work.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).