cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Open ports 80, 443, 25 and 465

GalvinBriford
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 11 of 11

Dear TalkTalk Support Team,

I am writing to you regarding the recent ban of ports 80, 443, 25, and 465 on my internet connection. I understand that these ports have been blocked by TalkTalk for security reasons, but I would like to request that they be unblocked as soon as possible.

These ports are essential for accessing certain websites and email services that I use for work and personal purposes. The block has caused significant inconvenience and disruption to my daily activities.

I assure you that I take internet security seriously and have taken all necessary precautions to protect my devices and network from any potential threats. Therefore, I kindly request that you unblock these ports so that I can resume my regular internet usage.

Thank you for your attention to this matter, and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Best regards,

Galvin

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11

Hi GalvinBriford,

I've ordered the router, it should be with you within a couple of working days 

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 11

Hi, I have added what been told. Thank you for your help.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 11

Thank you so much, @KeithFrench for your kind help! Your workaround suggestion was super helpful, and I appreciate you taking the time to share your knowledge with me!

Best regards!

0 Likes

Message 4 of 11

Hi Galvin

Please can you add your name and TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile, I can then send you a Sagemcom WIFI hub, there will be no charge for this.

Thanks

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 11

This is a firmware bug that I reported a while back & there is no news of it getting fixed. Just request in your reply to have it swapped out for the reason I have just said. TT will action this & there won't be any charge.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Message 6 of 11

Hi,

Thank you for your response. I understand that there are limitations with the Huawei DG8041W router and appreciate your suggestion to swap it for a Sagemcom 5364 router. Could you please provide me with information on how I can go about requesting this swap? Additionally, I would like to know if there are any costs associated with the swap and if so, how much would it be?

Thank you for your assistance.

Best regards,
Galvin

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 11

Hi @GalvinBriford 

@Chris-TalkTalk has asked me to help you. With the Huawei DG8041W there are a few ports, including 80, that this router will not allow you to forward. The only workaround is to do port translation on the external port within the rule. The best solution is to ask TalkTalk to swap it for a Sagemcom 5364 router, as that will allow you to do this.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Message 8 of 11

@KeithFrench, are you able to help with this?

Chris

GalvinBriford
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 9 of 11

Hi Chris,

My internet service works well. However the error message showed "The configured port conflicts with the internal service port.", and this problem started since I wanted to open the ports.

Best,

Galvin

iShot_2023-03-14_13.28.59.png
0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 10 of 11

Hi Gavin,

As far as I'm aware we don't block any ports, what happens when you try to access the websites and services, do you get error messages?

When did the problem start?

Chris