cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Openreach Modem no lights on?

Andrewplant
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 13 of 13

I am having a new hub sent out to me as my internet has been down for 2 days, but after coming off the phone, I realized all the lights on my modem are off. I can't seem to reset it or get it working. Is this the real cause of why I can't connect to internet, and how do I get a replacement?

Where is the live chat, I can't see anyway to start a live chat and I dread having to call up and wait hours again.. 

Aplant
0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

Message 1 of 13

Morning,

Thanks for the update 🙂

Thanks

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 2 of 13

Excellent news, so if they are sending out a new hub they should also include a returns bag and prepaid returns label with it, so it would be up to you if you kept your current router and just sent the new one straight back, or swapped over to the new router and returned your current one (if the new one is better than your current one)

Message 3 of 13

Thanks so much. It's all back online.

Was told it wouldn't be working again till Wednesday and was going to be unable to work!

Glad I sort further help on this forum!

Aplant

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 4 of 13

Just set up as shown in the top image here : https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Check-your-router-setup/ta-p/2204690

A phone (if you have one) can be connected directly to the phone outlet on the master socket

The router can be connected directly to the data output on the master socket

You don't need to use any microfilters

Message 5 of 13

Sounds hopeful. How do I go about doing this? 

So should I plug my Router directly to the mastersocket? The socket has a phone I out and modem input. 

I have a master socket 5c-mk4.

Aplant
0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 6 of 13

There should be a button as shown below, if you can't see it then maybe try a different browser. But also check out the replies above about possibly not even needing the Openreach modem.

Skynet_TX_0-1665173081779.png

0 Likes

Message 7 of 13

Hello,

Thanks for guidance.

I have updated my profile with the details you listed.

The live chat link you sent doesn't actually take me to a page where I can initiate a live chat,its very frustrating. It just states "Live chat"... 

Aplant
0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 8 of 13

Yes, good point, your TalkTalk supplied router would have a built in modem, so there should be a socket on the TalkTalk router for you to connect the phone line to, and the Openreach modem would then not be required.

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 13

In which case you shouldn't need an Openreach modem? 

0 Likes

Message 10 of 13

Hi,

I have Fibre 65.

Aplant
0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 13

@Andrewplant Just to clarify: you mention that you have an Openreach modem; what type of broadband service do you have from TalkTalk, exactly? 

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 12 of 13

Hi @Andrewplant,

If the Openreach modem has no power then that would certainly stop you from being able to connect. If an Openreach modem has failed then that can only be replaced by an Openreach engineer. TalkTalk would be able to arrange an Openreach engineer for you.

For one of the TalkTalk Support Team on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include :

• Your name
  • Landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on (this is shown in ‘My Account’) OR your account number if you have Full Fibre with no landline
  • An alternative contact number

This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile (only you and the TalkTalk Support Team on this community can see your profile details).

The Support Team on this community probably won't be around until Monday now, so you may get faster support by using the live chat or calling customer services on 0345 172 0088 over the weekend, however the Support Team here should respond to this topic early next week to help if you still need them.

0 Likes