cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Openreach Text

Lesley__66
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 3 of 3

Hi

Ive just received a text claiming to be from openreach about "doing some external work in the next few days to get me ready for my TalkTalk Future Fibre installation. Once this work is complete, we will be able to provide a confirmed date of delivery for your order"

Then asks to CONFIRM is happy

Reply ACCESS if we can't do the work without someone being present.

If you would like further details about the upcoming visit reply MORE.

If we don't hear from you the work will go ahead as planned.

I haven't asked to be upgraded to Future Fibre so shouldn't have any order.

Is this a legit text?

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 3

Hi

There is a lot of work ongoing to migrate customers to Full Fibre and the text you have received is correct, and you can answer this if you want to be upgraded to full fibre.  If not, give our colleagues a call and they can note this.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 2 of 3

Hi @Lesley__66,

It probably is legit, as lots of work is being done to prepare for the full fibre infrastructure. However the communications to customer in many cases is very poor. Just getting a random text out of the blue should never be the way you first hear about work like this taking place, but it does seem to happen to a worrying number of people.

The support team here will be back tomorrow and they may be able to reply with some more info to clarify.