cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Openreach required

leoman2018
Participant
Private Message
Message 10 of 10

I require Openreach to come and re-terminate my incoming line to a new position. Who can arrange this for me please  and I would like some idea of the cost.

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

talkwhatever
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 1 of 10

Sounds like a good outcome (and nicely cheaper than the BT price) 😉 

Message 2 of 10

OK thanks, the cost to move the master socket is usually £128.40. If you'd like to go ahead could you confirm that you accept the charge and I'll pass this over to our LVR team to contact you and arrange the appointment 

I've also sent you a PM to confirm some details

Thanks

Chris

Message 3 of 10

Hi Chris,

In effect yes.    At present my incoming line  terminates on a Master Socket in an upstairs bedroom. I would like it moved to my downstairs living room where an unused Master Socket  (5C) already exists.  The existing line comes from a nearby pole and either needs extending or run as new cable from the pole.

Thank you

Message 4 of 10

Hi leoman2018,

Do you just need the master socket moving? 

Chris

Message 5 of 10

Staff will advise when they pick up your thread during the day, @leoman2018

They are on here Monday-Friday (possibly not over the Bank Holiday), but not weekends. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 6 of 10

Thanks for that info. Still trying to find out who initiated my request as Live Chat a while back said they couldn't help !

0 Likes

Message 7 of 10

It's cheaper organised through Talktalk, as listed in their price for an Openreach engineer moving the master socket, @leoman2018:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Engineer-charges/ta-p/2207291

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Message 8 of 10

Thank you for the link.

talkwhatever
Conversation Starter
Private Message