cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Over a week of no internet

dustjunky
Team Player
Private Message
Message 45 of 45

Our internet went off on October 31st (along with a few other houses on our street who use a mix of ISPs).  TT rasied a case on OpenReach and they said that on Nov 3rd they had fixed it (which they had not asmy TT router was stil flashing amber/white).  TalkTalk then said that to be able to escalate it back to Openreach they needed to send a TT engineer to my house and they came today (Nov 8th).  As expected, the engineer tried a new router and it made no difference.  After the engineer visited I got a text from TT saying I had to do some further tests in my home.  I called TT and had to do all of the questions and router/modem resets again before Openreach could book an appointment to have an engineer come out tomorrow.

I have a bad feeling that the Openreach engineer is just going to throw it back at TT and I am just stuck between the two of them with no internet.  I have had to purchase a 4G router and pre-loaded data SIM to be able to allow myself and my wife to continue to work from home and have spent hours on the phone with TT.  If anyone from TT can do anything to look into this issue and ensure that Openreach understand that this is definitely their problem, as multiple houses are offline, it would be very much appreciated.

0 Likes
44 REPLIES 44

dustjunky
Team Player
Private Message
Message 41 of 45

Open reach have sent me a text saying that they now can't come today and will try again tomorrow morning.  That will be day 10 of no internet...

0 Likes

Message 42 of 45

Hi dustjunky

I'm sorry to hear this.

The fault is still open with Openreach and the appointment is still showing for today. The engineer may be running slightly behind.

Please let me know if the engineer has not made contact by 2PM and I will contact Openreach.

0 Likes

dustjunky
Team Player
Private Message
Message 43 of 45

WIth 5 minutes until 1pm, it's feeling like a no show from Openreach...

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 44 of 45

Hi dustjunky

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I can see that the Openreach engineer visit has been arranged for tomorrow. We will need to wait for the engineers report/findings.

I will check in with you tomorrow once the engineer has attended, I will also check the fault ticket for the engineers notes.