cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Powerline Adaptor Died!

Teresa5
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 14

Hello.

One of my powerline adaptors just died, there are no lights on it or anything.  Is there any chance I can have a new one sent to me?  If not, where's the best place you would recommend for me to buy a replacement?

Many thanks in advance.

Teresa.

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 14

Just another thought at the moment @Teresa5. When the 266 started doing a firmware update as you mentioned, did you leave it on or did you turn it off at all during this period? I cannot see that a firmware update should take more than a minute or two.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 14

Hi @Teresa5 

No problem. First of all, please can you get me a couple of screenshots from the router? If you log into it & go to (assuming from a desktop version, not a mobile device):-

Dashboard > See Wi-Fi Settings > Manage Advanced Settings > Wi-Fi 5Ghz gear icon Wi-Fi Mesh

From there, go to the Overview, then Extenders sub-tabs and get me screenshots of each one.

Please post the screenshots to me in a PM (to protect your privacy). No photos please as they can be difficult to read, because the text can get out of focus when zoomed in. Upload them via the "Insert Photos" button (in a mobile browser it's the picture icon) on the post editor's toolbar with the Size parameter set to Large.

Thanks,

Keith

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

0 Likes

Teresa5
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 14

Hi Keith,

I'm not having much luck with the booster, I'm afraid.  I've been attempting to get it to work all week-end, but without success.  After pairing the device next to the router, then moving it to the living room, for some unknown reason that I can't work out, the booster keeps losing (blue) connection and after working for a brief time starts flashing orange.  Many times I keep getting the blue and green flashing lights (which indicates it's updating software) which it has been doing all week-end, so I can't imagine it would still be downloading software for over 48 hours.  I keep reconnecting it to the router, but after getting the blue solid light, it doesn't seem to stick and starts flashing orange again.  So I'm unable to test whether it would work with the DN372T box as the booster does not retain blue connection long enough for me to really find out.  Also, the room where we need it (the living room with the television) at best can only get the orange medium signal (although on two occasions it has given a green light), as far as I've been able to get it to work long enough.  The router is situated in the hall which is around three metres away.  So I haven't even experimented with moving it upstairs as that would be even further.  I made sure to plug it into the mains too.  So I'm flummoxed.  As I write this, the booster is flashing orange once again. 😭

If you could happen to offer any extra advice, I would be extremely grateful to you.

Best wishes,

Teresa.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 14

Hi

I've updated the router firmware now.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 14

That is the product I thought they would send you. Your router will need a firmware update to V202, before you can use it.

I will ask TalkTalk to do this for you.

Keith

Teresa5
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 14

Hi Keith,

Many thanks for your message.  I received a Sagemcom F@st 266 UK V2 device.  (I hope that's all the information you asked for!)  We've only had Powerline adaptors in the past which we pair, so it might take me a while to work out how to set this up.  It might be more of a "this week-end project" rather than a simple plug-go-play situation!

I appreciate your willingness to help if I get stuck, I'm most grateful.  I hope I won't have to take you up on the offer.

Very best wishes,

Teresa.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 14

Hi Michelle,

The device arrived this evening.  Thank-you so much for sending it!

Best wishes,

Teresa.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 14

Hi @Teresa5 

When you receive this WiFi Booster, it will be significantly different to a Power Line Adapter, but will still allow Ethernet connections back from your devices back to the router. It will also allow extended WiFi coverage as well. However, your router may need a firmware update to support this booster. I can help a lot with this product (if it is the one I think it will be), please can you specify the actual make & model of the booster, so that I can help you?

The information below is provided by TalkTalk, for confirmation please contact @Debbie-TalkTalk or@Michelle-TalkTalk.

KeithFrench is one of our valued Community Stars and can help with a range of issues related to wireless and networking. At times he may ask you to send him test results via a Private Message to help analyse/diagnose an issue. Although Keith does not work for TalkTalk, he very kindly shares his time and knowledge to help with others.

If you need further help or, if we need to take any details such as personal information about your account like phone numbers, account numbers etc. one of the TalkTalk team will jump in and help out.

Keith

Message 9 of 14

Morning,

How are you getting on, has the wifi booster arrived?

Thanks

Michelle

Message 10 of 14

Hi @Teresa5 

I've ordered a wifi booster/extender, please allow 48hrs for this to arrive.

Thanks

Debbie

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 14

I have asked one of TalkTalk's support to pick your thread up and see if these ones can still be replaced.

They aim to respond within 48 hours (Monday - Friday) excluding Bank Holidays, but if more urgent you can always try the Service Centre on 0345 172 0088. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first.

Keith

Teresa5
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 14

Thanks for your reply.

It's the TalkTalk powerlink adaptors D-Link TalkTalk DHP-308AV.

Best regards,

Teresa.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 14

Which powerline adapter do you have (make/model)?

Keith

0 Likes