cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Problem with VPN connection

jakeg
First Timer
Private Message
Message 4 of 4

Hi there,

I've run into a problem when trying to access my VPN connection in order to work remotely from home, essentially what happens is I click connect to the VPN and after a few moments it says "a connection to the remote computer cannot be established". The VPN in question  is my workplace's and it has worked fine on my PC for the last year and a half, however today it has suddenly stopped.

I know its an issue with my network because everyone else in the office is still able to access it fine, and I have tried to connect on several devices on the same network and am getting the same issue and this problem persists using both wifi and direct connections.

I have also used my mobile data as a hotspot, and that has worked correctly, which says to me that it's not a issue with my devices.

I've seen a few similar posts on here saying that the problem was only fixed once a new router was sent and I've tried many other methods to get it working to no avail. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jake

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Hi Jake

Thanks for your reply.

The router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

jakeg
First Timer
Private Message
Message 2 of 4

Hi Debbie,

Thanks for the quick reply!

Yes please, if you could. I can't seem to find any other solution.

Thanks

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 4

Hi Jake

Apologies for this.

I will need to send you a different make and model of router, are you ok for me to arrange this?

Thanks

0 Likes