cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

router cables

Veejay24
Team Player
Private Message
Message 8 of 8

TalkTalk sent me a new router recently but I could not use the cables they provided as my phone socket is not like the ones illustrated in the setting up guide. The only way I could connect was by using the cable from my old router to the phone socket. How do I get the right cables?

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi Veejay24

Yes, you can take the filter off the ADSL cable. Take care, hope you're feeling better soon

Chris

Veejay24
Team Player
Private Message
Message 2 of 8

Thank you. Can I take the filter off the cable supplied? I will have a look at this later as I am ill with Covid at the moment and in bed. I will get back to you if I can't fix it.

0 Likes

Veejay24
Team Player
Private Message
Message 3 of 8

It's the NTE 5C MK 4 but the cable supplied doesn't fit the data port.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

Hi Veejay24

I have replied to your Private Message.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 5 of 8

There should have been a cable in the box that would fit in the data port, normally the cable has the microfilter already plugged onto the end of it when it is in the box, but you would just unplug the microfilter and that cable should then fit in the data port (i.e. the port on the left of the socket).

What connectors do you have on the cable in your box, does the cable have the same sized connectors at both ends (once you unplug the microfilter from the cable).

0 Likes

Veejay24
Team Player
Private Message
Message 6 of 8

My socket is the 5C MK4 but the cables supplied do not fit the data port.

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 7 of 8

Hi @Veejay24,

What does your phone socket look like from the options shown here : https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Your-guide-to-main-phone-sockets/ta-p/2205432

If your socket has two ports then the cable supplied with your router should plug directly into the data port, if your socket has one port the the cable needs to be connected to a microfilter (which should also be in the router box), and then that connects to the phone socket.

0 Likes