cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Received new updated Talk talk router to replace very old Post office router.

ayamonte1
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 5

Received new talk talk router to upgrade very old post office router. New router connects white light etc but no broad band?  Re checked all cables etc … all ok still not working? Re set router after waited 20 mins still not working despite white light indicator on?
revert back to very old router broadband connects ? 
is new router faulty?

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

I believe @Karl-TalkTalk is referring to network authentication username and password, not Wi-Fi ID and password.

In my experience modem/routers supplied by the Post Office do not display the network password in plain text in the user interface when accessed via a browser. The password can be obtained by connecting to the modem/router via telnet.

However, having obtained the network username and password, the next issue is how to enter that in the new modem/router settings. Whilst it is possible with older modem/routers such as the Huawei HG533, I see no setting for this in the Sagemcom Fast 5364.

This is not an issue for me, and so I do not need to create a topic of my own. I am simply pointing out issues that I am aware of.

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 5

By the way I've assumed you don't have an Eero, with the advice given.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 5

Is this on wired or WiFi connection or both?

If just WiFi, as @Karl-TalkTalk has said the username and password are different to your old router and you will find these on the back of the router.

Be sure to select the WiFi password, the other is to access the router home page on your pc. It's here you can change your ID and password to match your old one if you wish.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 4 of 5

Hi

Have you put your broadband username and password in the new router ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes