cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Recent broadband outage caused problem in My Account - not fixed a fortnight later

hawaye
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Private Message TalkTalk

Message 11 of 11

On 30/07/23 I experienced a broadband outage which affected both numbers, *064 and *964. I reported the fault on Whatsapp and the outage was fixed very quickly. Unfortunately, seemingly the fault caused a problem in My Account, resulting in me being unable to do a speed check on my second number, *964. I attach a screenshot of the message.  Despite aiming for a fix within 3 days, TalkTalk have had this problem for a fortnight and any attempt to reopen the original Whatsapp chat have failed. And I'm expected to renew my contract with TalkTalk as the service on the second number gradually deteriorates. Can anyone help please?

Edit: screenshot removed. 

hawaye Mornington Crecent County Champion 1975, 1976, 1978
0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11

Hi

They may have given a goodwill discount for the issue with my account however this would not be given each month as this does not affect the working services, but is informational only.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 11

Thanks Karl. A test using Sam Knows requires that I visit the property to do first-line support for Internet problems. In most cases this is not possible for me. Post 6 explains why I need remote access. If your team can't restore the facility that existed before 30/07/23, I can't see us continuing a relationship that has existed since the Tiscali era. Please ensure that the refund that I was paid in July for the breakdown of remote access continues on a monthly basis. Thank you. 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 11

Hi

This is still with the team for investigation, I'll chase them today to see if there are any updates.

In the meantime, you can use alternative speed test sites such as Sam Knows Speedtest  

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

hawaye
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 11

Any progress on this fault please? We are now into week 6 and the feature that was present in Myaccount is still not working and my patience is wearing thin.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 11

Hi

I've reached out to the product owners regarding this, to see if they can see what is causing this.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

hawaye
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 11

Hi Michelle,

No change as per attached screenshot at 10:45 am this morning

speed check 964.png
0 Likes

Message 7 of 11

Hello,

I'm sorry for the delay. Is this still happening since your last post?

Thanks

hawaye
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 11

Hi Karl,

Sorry for the long post, but let me explain why I need MyAccount working.

The line 2 number I have quoted as *964 is inside a holiday rental house. The occupants change weekly so there is no residual knowledge base for users at the rental. The reason for needing access to Internet performance remotely, and other details, from my mobile or office is that I am, among other caretaker duties, first-line support for the rental's Internet.  Today's use of SamKnows involved a short walk through the rain to WiFi range of the router and running it on my mobile, and a return walk in the rain.  During guest occupation or my own holidays, I don't have easy access to make a connection to the number *964 without online access.  In the past, I have used MyAccount to diagnose accidental disconnection of the router, deliberate reset of the router, and breakage of the copper between rental and exchange without being present at or near the rental.  Mobile signal strength is very poor on all networks at this location so guests have little chance of remaining connected using mobile data.  I hope this explains why I need MyAccount working properly, including reporting the correct make and software version of the router.

To answer your question, speed is 45.1 down, 20.7 up and 21.5 latency according to the link you have posted. The issue is not the speed at the moment, it's the ability to fault-find remotely, at any time, which MyAccount used to do nicely. You may say that I can diagnose router problems remotely by using a line check, but I believe this to be faulty also. Certainly MyAccount reports the wrong make of router at *964.

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 9 of 11

Hi

we have seen this issue previously with the speed test and have flagged this for investigation. Tests on your line are clear and sync speed is at 65.8mb with the DLM profile set at 80/20.

What speeds do you see via Sam Knows Speedtest  

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Divsec
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 11

Hi @hawaye your post has been escalated and you should hear soon could I suggest you remove the attachment which has detail you might prefer to keep private? 

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.