cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Reduced synch sped

Community Team - TT Staff

Hi braindeed,

Glad to hear the speed has improved, did you run a speed test on a device connected to the router by Ethernet cable or wifi?

Chris

Conversation Starter

Still same connection of a synched 42Mbps, still averaging 30Mbps and 6-7Mbps up, tested via ethernet and Wifi and 4 different devices at different times.  I'll retest again in middle of the night to negate any contention issues.

Conversation Starter
Further testing via different browsers, different hardware via Wifi, via Ethernet, using 2 third party testers and your own show same results, sub 30Mbps down and 5-7Mbps up. I'd like to point out that im being generous with the averages as testing via your own speedtester gives the worst results, around 6-24Mbps down and 4-5Mbps up. To be clear, I might be synched at 42Mbps (Now for a stable 2 days 19 minutes) but I am still getting 30Mbps, or lower as I would if connection was limited.....

Hi braindeed,

Thanks for running the speed tests. Usually if the sync speed increases, however there is no increase in throughput speed then we advise switching the router off for a full 30 minutes (only do this once) as this will reset the current session and can often increase the throughput speed.

Just to confirm, have you tried this since the sync speed increased?

Thanks

Conversation Starter
After ending the sticky session speeds are now at a decent level 31Mbps using your speedtest and 36Mbps using 3rd party via ethernet which for peak time I'm happy with, the 30Mbps cap has been lifted. I'd like someone to PM me regarding recompense please.

Hi braindeed,

Glad to hear there's been some improvement. Regarding compensation, could you contact our Customer Services team, please also see our Complaint Process

Thanks

Chris

Conversation Starter
I've dropped your 'complaints' team an email. Would it be possible also, for my own curiosity, for the details of what the issue was to be pm'd to me please?

Hi braindeed,

I don't know specifically what the problem was. DLM adjusts the profile based on the number of errors and/or disconnections so if it moves you to a slower profile either the disconnections or errors have fallen outside acceptable limits.

Chis