cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Repeated disconnections for months despite engineer

Marshall117
Team Player
Private Message
Message 67 of 67

Our internet has been randomly dropping it's connection for the last few months, despite being stable for over 20 years, from dial up, to ADSL, to fibre.

We have suffered the torture of online chat who sent an engineer out.

The engineer came and internet was fine, although we explained that the connection was failing to the openreach modem, before the talk talk router.

He left and we were charged for the visit, stating it was a home network issue.

This we will be legally disputing.

This is despite every device being able to connect to the router but not to the internet as the openreach was not connected to internet or DSL, no lights on either.

We have two essential homeworkers struggling with possible loss of jobs due to this issue which has been explained is a outside network issue.

As stated this is causing considerable lost earnings and fear of job loss

We are stuck and apart from paying for legal help do not know what to do. 

Online since 28800
0 Likes
66 REPLIES 66

Marshall117
Team Player
Private Message
Message 61 of 67

Sorry was unaware you wanted landline.

Has been updates

Online since 28800
0 Likes

Message 62 of 67

Hello,

I've checked your Community Profile, however I can't see your home telephone number. Can you try adding this to your Community Profile again and then save the changes please. We need the home telephone number to identify the line connection. Just to advise, we don't call you directly as we provide support via the Community only. Please do not post any personal information on the Community.

Thanks

0 Likes

Marshall117
Team Player
Private Message
Message 63 of 67

Profile updated but please use alternate phone number as I am unavailable all day

Online since 28800
0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 64 of 67

Hello,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• TalkTalk Telephone number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

0 Likes

Marshall117
Team Player
Private Message
Message 65 of 67

Thanks Chris have updated contact details but I am unavailable as I'm the only family member not working from home.

You can contact another family member on my alternate phone number.

Online since 28800
0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 66 of 67

Hi Marshall117,

Sorry to hear you're experiencing problems with your service can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes