cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Repeated disconnections for months despite engineer

Marshall117
Team Player
Private Message
Message 67 of 67

Our internet has been randomly dropping it's connection for the last few months, despite being stable for over 20 years, from dial up, to ADSL, to fibre.

We have suffered the torture of online chat who sent an engineer out.

The engineer came and internet was fine, although we explained that the connection was failing to the openreach modem, before the talk talk router.

He left and we were charged for the visit, stating it was a home network issue.

This we will be legally disputing.

This is despite every device being able to connect to the router but not to the internet as the openreach was not connected to internet or DSL, no lights on either.

We have two essential homeworkers struggling with possible loss of jobs due to this issue which has been explained is a outside network issue.

As stated this is causing considerable lost earnings and fear of job loss

We are stuck and apart from paying for legal help do not know what to do. 

Online since 28800
0 Likes
66 REPLIES 66

Message 1 of 67

That's great news Marshall117, thanks for letting us know

Chris

0 Likes

Marshall117
Team Player
Private Message
Message 2 of 67

A big thank you to all the help I have had from this forum.

The fault has finally been rectified.

I turned out to be a worn wire from the pole to the house.

The wire has been replaced and all is good.

Online since 28800
0 Likes

Message 3 of 67

Hi Marshall117,

The latest update on the fault ticket from earlier today says that Openreach will now follow there missed appointment process which generally means that they will contact you directly to rearrange the appointment. if you don't hear anything further before lunch could you bump the thread and I'll check for updates

Chris

Marshall117
Team Player
Private Message
Message 4 of 67

I have had another text telling us to book an engineer using a provided hyperlink, but when clicked it takes me to my account where I can not find the option to do so.

TalkTalk Update: Hello, we've discovered a fault in your area and need to send an engineer to your home to fix it. Even if you're not experiencing any issues with your service, please follow this link to book an appointment talktalk.co.uk/bookengineer, or reply to this message. Thanks for helping us put this right.

Online since 28800
0 Likes

Message 5 of 67

No problem, glad to help 🙂

I'm sorry about the delay with the appointment. It looks as though this is because it's been referred to a senior engineer as it's an ongoing issue. It looks as though the senior engineer could still turn up today but if not Openreach will probably contact you directly to rearrange an appointment (with the senior engineer). If you don't hear anything from Openreach today could you bump the thread and I'll chase it up in the morning. Apologies for the confusion and appointment delay but hopefully it will be a positive outcome with the involvement of the senior engineer

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Marshall117
Team Player
Private Message
Message 6 of 67

Thanks Chris

The staff who help on these forums deserve a medal 

Only way to actually get things sorted

Online since 28800
0 Likes

Message 7 of 67

Sorry, no, I'll check and get back to you

Chris

0 Likes

Marshall117
Team Player
Private Message
Message 8 of 67

Do you know why we have not had the engineer visit?

I had the text to say between 8am and 1pm today, but we had nothing, not even a message.

Online since 28800
0 Likes

Message 9 of 67
0 Likes

Marshall117
Team Player
Private Message
Message 10 of 67

That's great thanks again for your help

Online since 28800
0 Likes

Message 11 of 67

I've booked the engineer for the earliest appointment available - July 14 2022,AM (8am-1pm) - please let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

Marshall117
Team Player
Private Message
Message 12 of 67

Please arrange one asap , this afternoon or tomorrow as I am sure you can understand, we are getting desperate.

Again thank you for your help, online chat and the telephone support are both infuriating and no help.

Online since 28800
0 Likes

Message 13 of 67

OK thanks. If the connection is continuing to drop then unfortunately we'll need to arrange another engineer visit, apologies for any inconvenience. If you'd like us to book another engineer visit please let us know when you can be available and we'll book it for you

Chris

0 Likes

Marshall117
Team Player
Private Message
Message 14 of 67

Yes, the DSL and the internet lights go out, then the DSL light will after awhile start blinking faster and faster, it then either fails again or the internet light comes on.

The power and the lan lights are fine.

Online since 28800
0 Likes

Message 15 of 67

Hi Marshall117,

I'm sorry to hear that you're still experiencing disconnections. Just to confirm, do the lights change on the Openreach modem when the connections drops

Chris

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 16 of 67

Sorry to see that you have been having issues with your service, the support team here will be happy to investigate and help.

As regards Future Fibre, your best bet is to contact them directly and discuss what options may be available in your area, use the chat link towards the bottom of the page here

Marshall117
Team Player
Private Message
Message 17 of 67

I have looked at my upgrade options but there is no option for me to upgrade to full fibre

If upgrading and paying extra £10 a month is the solution we need it done asap as being homeworkers are jobs are at serious risk of being terminated

Online since 28800
0 Likes

Marshall117
Team Player
Private Message
Message 18 of 67

After the engineer had been we had full internet from 12.32 until 19.07
Since then its been unusable due to 76 disconnections, all showing as no dsl or internet on the openreach modem.
Thats about the time of my last post

As per usual the internal home network connected to the router was fine, we could connect router and the home devices were visable to each other.

I can send the disconnect logs but its a lot of text due to how many there are.

As I stated the engineer has replaced the openreach modem and moved us onto a differant connection in the exchange box outside.
Though he seemed to think it may be because we still connected by copper.

Online since 28800
0 Likes

Message 19 of 67

Hi Marshall117

How has the connection been since your last post?

0 Likes

Marshall117
Team Player
Private Message
Message 20 of 67

Thanks for the advice 

Online since 28800
0 Likes