cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Wifi speed drops and disconnects or connection to internet non existant

zarab89
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 26 of 26

I have recently been sent a new talk talk router when we started another broadband contract. In the last couple of weeks we keep experiencing issues where the connection speed will drop to around 1-2 Mbps with upload speed around the same after a few hours of being on. My package is for 65Mbps speed.

Every day I have to factory reset my router to get it to work again. Fair enough factory resetting the router does seem to solve the issue, however I cant help but feel this shouldnt happen every few hours in the first place.

I have been on long talks with support and ran through all the trouble shooting steps every time, every time the thing that resolves the issue is a factory reset. Surely the router should just work for at least 24 hours without needing a factory reset constantly? I feel like its faulty or something.

We didnt have these issues with the old router although we did have constant disconnections which seemed to get fixed after a few engineer visits and them doing some work on the lines outside my property. 

0 Likes
25 REPLIES 25

Message 2 of 26

Thank you Debbie! Ill keep you posted once it arrives

Message 4 of 26

Hi Zara

Sorry for the delay.

The router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 26

The sooner you accept the offer, the sooner you'll get a new router.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Message 6 of 26

yeah that makes sense, why would you post that things are fine, you'll only hear about the bad cases

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 26

No that is the current router, but you must be unlucky, I use one of these regularly. You might see posts on this forum about it, but these are the few that have had problems. There far are more people who do not have any issues at all. It is just that they do not post on here to say their router is fine.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

Message 8 of 26

if possible, one question though, is there any other options for different routers, or will it be the same make and model? After some googling to try diagnose the issue it seems plenty of people have the same issues as me with this particular model router resetting and rebooting and losing connection, many search results lead me back here to community.talktalk.co.uk.

Edit.
Yeah can you send a replacement through please, we must have one with faulty hardware or something

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 26

Hi @zarab89 

Please accept the offer from @Michelle-TalkTalk and you will have a new router soon.

Keith

0 Likes

Message 10 of 26

my bad Keith, yeah you're right, its the fast 5364-3. It definitely seems to be an issue with the hardware itself.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 11 of 26

Hi zara,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've run a test on the line which is clear and the connection stats look ok. Would you like us to send a replacement router for testing purposes to rule this out?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 26

Hi @zarab89 

CS 50001 is just part of Sagemcom's address in France. However, you most likely have the FAST5364 or 5464.

If it affects wired connections, then only TalkTalk can help with this. I will get them to look at this again for you.

Keith

0 Likes

Message 13 of 26

Still having issues.

the router make and model is Sagemcom CS 50001. It effects wired and wireless connections to the router.

thing is nothing in my home set up has changed at all, the router is in the same position, the same devices are connected. I have not connected anything new or changed any configuration at all. The issue is either outside my home or faulty router.

0 Likes

Message 14 of 26

Hi zarab89,

How are you getting on, I can see that Keith has kindly offered to help if you still need assistance

Chris

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 15 of 26

Hi @zarab89 

I offered my help ages ago, but you have not answered my questions & until you do, I cannot help you.

The information below is provided by TalkTalk, for confirmation please contact @Debbie-TalkTalk or@Michelle-TalkTalk.

KeithFrench is one of our valued Community Stars and can help with a range of issues related to wireless and networking. At times he may ask you to send him test results via a Private Message to help analyse/diagnose an issue. Although Keith does not work for TalkTalk, he very kindly shares his time and knowledge to help with others.

If you need further help or, if we need to take any details such as personal information about your account like phone numbers, account numbers etc. one of the TalkTalk team will jump in and help out.

Keith

0 Likes

Message 16 of 26

Hi Chris,

This doesnt make any difference. It seems like the connection degrades over time, eventually getting to around 1Mbps when run on speedtest.net next to the router, a factory reset then brings it back up to where it should be. Once it gets really slow it starts dropping out too and becomes intermittent. 

0 Likes

Message 17 of 26

Hi zarab89,

Does it make any difference how close the device is to the router. Is the speed low when the device is close to the router and in the same room

Chris

0 Likes

Message 18 of 26

most things are wireless, only wired is a phillips hue hub

0 Likes

Message 19 of 26

Hi zarab89

Thanks for updating your Community Profile.

I've completed a line test and this is clear (no faults detected)   I can see re connections on the line but this may be when you are resetting the router.

In regards to the new router we sent, do you have any wired devices or are all devices connected wireless?

0 Likes

Message 20 of 26

Hi Debbie, I have updated this in my profile. I do still need help please.

Its being especially bad this morning, I have factory reset my router multiple times this morning and my speed keeps dropping to around 6Mbps despite paying for 70Mbps. I need my internet connection to work. I have had to use mobile data to be able to load this website to post this response.